Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to hear the founder of Collett communicators passed away. I have been shopping around for a set for me and my wife and discovered this on their website. I had a set back in the 90’s and they worked great, truly a terrific product. Thoughts and prayers to the Collett family

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Not only has Les died, they are closing the business... Sad

Reactions: xdude

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Not only has Les died, they are closing the business... Sad
I didn't realize he was still involved because their company has slowly declined the past few years.

Reactions: xdude

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thats too bad, Ive been using their system for close to 20 years at least the ones I have still work and I have some spare parts ( antena, microphone etc) for the near future.

I don't think the newer bluetooth systems have enough of a range compared to the colletts, sure would be nice if a new non blue tooth or decent range bluetooth model would come out.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sad to hear the founder of Collett communicators passed away. I have been shopping around for a set for me and my wife and discovered this on their website. I had a set back in the 90's and they worked great, truly a terrific product. Thoughts and prayers to the Collett family
If you're looking for a set for you and your wife I've got a set for sale. Only problem is the wire between the driver and the passenger is flaky and cuts out. I've move to Uclear Motion 6.

Joe

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're looking for a set for you and your wife I've got a set for sale. Only problem is the wire between the driver and the passenger is flaky and cuts out. I've move to Uclear Motion 6.

Joe
thanks for the offer, but I'm thinking the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts