Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a good deal on a leftover 2019 Renegade 900 Ace turbo... or should i dish out 3000$ more for a 2020? are the updates worth it? like snow getting in the hood prevention, cluster, clutchs?

thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It's probably not worth it. The secondary spring has probably been updated. There is a different throttle assembly on the 2020. It's $75. And the vents are pretty cheap too. Is the gauge worth much to you?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok is the throttle assembly easy to change over? plus do you think the new programming of the fuel mapping transferable? it seems the 2020's are more a normal throttle sensation

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
ok is the throttle assembly easy to change over? plus do you think the new programming of the fuel mapping transferable? it seems the 2020's are more a normal throttle sensation
Tuners that I've talked to said the tune is the same in 2019's and 2020's. Must be in the block itself.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dealer I bought my NOS '19 from, updated the spring before I took it home. You can ask to have that done.

Whats the venting thing about? I havent seen that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ya, the throttle assembly is part of a wiring harness on the handlebar. It looks pretty easy to change if you felt the need.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dealer I bought my NOS '19 from, updated the spring before I took it home. You can ask to have that done.
Whats the venting thing about? I havent seen that.
It's just some mesh type vents to help block snow dust from coming in

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ahh, I see. Are those all updates being done through BRP, or just individual things if someone wants them done? The spring was replaced under recall/bulletin.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
all are updates on the 2020's, and i'm guessing some changes are not very publicised because they would have to make updates on the 2019's...

but i thought their where more changes then that.. you guys are making me lean on the 2019's....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the 2020,but truthfully unless you like the way 2020 sounds when you say it more than 2019 I would save the money and go for the 19

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the 2020,but truthfully unless you like the way 2020 sounds when you say it more than 2019 I would save the money and go for the 19
i know, big price difference,

did you try the 2020 throttle, any difference on the feel of it, and the new skis?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I almost spring order an X package but didn't ... but I bought a 2019 X package left over /used .. it only had 268 kms/166 miles on it ... savings were substantial ! & it was already studded, had visor plug , also 27 months warranty left on it & dealer was willing to negotiate ... only had it out once and like it WAY more than my 1200 X package !

cheers

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i know, big price difference,

did you try the 2020 throttle, any difference on the feel of it, and the new skis?
Unless I missed it; which package? Adrenaline? Enduro? Same package on both? What about warranty? There will obviously be a difference in resale with one being a model year newer, but $3000?

So far I have not seen anything where you HAVE to have a '20 over a 2019. I am sure there are some engineering updates, but I had two 2019s and they were pretty much flawless. I would think you could get the clutch updates thrown in on the 2019 before you take delivery.

I had a 2019 Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo last year and this year I have a 2020 Renegade X-RS Turbo. I rode the '20 two days so far and I do not notice a dimes bit of a difference in the the throttle between the two. I have had at least one iTC throttle since it came out in 2014, like it and find it to be a non-issue after a bit of riding.

I have had several of the "old" style "premium" gauges and now have the "new" gauge. It's a sideways move at best; really no advantage IMO. I really only looked at the center LCD of the old gauge and think I prefer it the way the RPM and MPH were top and bottom of each other. Maybe it will just take some more time to get used to the new one.

The small gauge is an improvement in that it has the temperature bars as standard (which they should have all along).

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
After I switched to 4-strokes 5 years ago I stopped spring ordering and started buying left-overs at the end of the season. I have not seen the need for the extended warranty on any of my 900's. I have been able to save about $3000 - $3500 per sled buying left-overs at the right time.... if it were me, I'd be keeping the money in my pocket.

·
Registered
569 Posts
After I switched to 4-strokes 5 years ago I stopped spring ordering and started buying left-overs at the end of the season. I have not seen the need for the extended warranty on any of my 900's. I have been able to save about $3000 - $3500 per sled buying left-overs at the right time.... if it were me, I'd be keeping the money in my pocket.
Never thought of it like that, well put.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeap i used to do that also, now it seems the past years i have been spring ordering for the new stuff and specially extended warranty ...and i don't even keep the machines more then 2 years so its a little ridiculus...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts