Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning on putting on riser bars and need to relocate the switch block on the left hand side of the bars. Was hoping to be able to relocate them to the console, similar to the Freeride and Summit X setup. Anybody have any experience with this? Some time saving/hair pulling tips would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
Do a search on Freeride handle bars a lot of us that have used that bar set up before the free ride just took a piece of pipe and put the control block on that and mounted it down on the risers much easier and time consuming and works just as well with a lot less to go wrong with all the wiring.

·
Registered
85 Posts
RSI Just came out with a kit, a rocker on each of them little circles already on the dash, one for your grips, one for your thumb warmers, no switch for highbeams they stay on, then a billet small push button on bars for RER.. Think its $60 bucks. Isn't released yet, soon though!

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,746 Posts
Anyone ever just moved/replaced the RER button with a pushbutton elsewhere and left the other controls as is? Several times a season I end up inadvertently hitting it while riding and it is frustrating! Dumb location for it in the first place.

·
Registered
43 Posts
RSI Just came out with a kit, a rocker on each of them little circles already on the dash, one for your grips, one for your thumb warmers, no switch for highbeams they stay on, then a billet small push button on bars for RER.. Think its $60 bucks. Isn't released yet, soon though!
This works/looks awesome. I helped rewire one its a little much if your not real strong wiring. The kit would be the ticket! Ours looked like how BRP should have done it. Ours was a X so you also lose the control to the display from the switch but you still can get all the functions to work with the buttons on the dislay itself. Its more then $60 to buy the switches you need (two intermittent toggles for the heaters and a RER switch) Id wait for the kit if its coming sounds cheap?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone ever just moved/replaced the RER button with a pushbutton elsewhere and left the other controls as is? Several times a season I end up inadvertently hitting it while riding and it is frustrating! Dumb location for it in the first place.
We used a Fly billet kill switch(RER) from ebay looks better and no more bumpy. I can give you the wire colors to cut if you want? but the bars will be a little busy if you still want the big switch assembly as well as add the kill switch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This works/looks awesome. I helped rewire one its a little much if your not real strong wiring. The kit would be the ticket! Ours looked like how BRP should have done it. Ours was a X so you also lose the control to the display from the switch but you still can get all the functions to work with the buttons on the dislay itself. Its more then $60 to buy the switches you need (two intermittent toggles for the heaters and a RER switch) Id wait for the kit if its coming sounds cheap?
Yeah, I thought so too.. To buy the push button for the bars alone is $30. I already have mine pre-ordered.. They said they just have to finish getting the instructions done up and they will send them off. I was going to just go buy the stuff and do it myself.. It would have costed me more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts