Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 4Barr LED and plan on mounting it to the top of the snow flap. Wanted to see where others have mounted theirs.

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I saw that. I was looking for people that had the 4Barr or similar. That had a bunch of other styles. I tried searching for the 4barr and couldn't find too many pictures.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My only concern with mounting LED's right at the snowflap is there isn't any heat to keep them clear of snow dust. Just my .02

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never had a problem with snow build up on the top of my snow flap. My old light was the stock MXZ part and sat back from the end and it never had any snow build up there either.

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I was looking at that one too. For a while I couldn't decide between one of the larger type LED bars, or an almost hidden one. I am going to try and integrate it into the snow flap.

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I'm using a series 60 oval HIGH INTENSITY LED tail/brake light underneath my stock tail light lense. If you use a standard LED you can have problems with visibility due to snow cover, but the high intensity LEDs have enough power to show through quite a bit of snow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts