Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I installed a new set of LED lights from Sii and they really work well. The light has a fan and wires on the back and it makes the covers impossible to reinstall without modification.

The lenses are getting filled with snow dust and it might become an issue.

What are my options here other than rubber banding on a zip lock bag over each hole.

Would the glove box liner work in this situation?

Thanks for any and all input,

**UPDATE: Sii is sending me larger covers that will work on the Enduro model. I will post back as soon as I get them installed.

This might be a Enduro only issue**

·
Registered
529 Posts
Watching this thread, I ordered them a long

time ago. I think they sent them pony express. Havent received them yet. Hopefully the install isn't problematic

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The install was not bad its just the covers. Maybe I have to look at them again and can find a solution.

My question is: With the fans on the back can you still install the covers and not ruin the bulbs?

I will contact Sii and see what they say about it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I can't visualize your installation, but anything that completely seals the cover will prevent airflow, and you'll have no cooling. Maybe you could make filters out of nylon stockings and zip tie them to your current covers. Mechanics have been making prefilters out of them for decades to deal with desert sand.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I can't visualize your installation, but anything that completely seals the cover will prevent airflow, and you'll have no cooling. Maybe you could make filters out of nylon stockings and zip tie them to your current covers. Mechanics have been making prefilters out of them for decades to deal with desert sand.
I am releasing a video within next 24 hours showing the install and results, so far I am impressed

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't have this brand, but a different "off-road lighting" brand led bulbs in my 08 TNT, & I really like them. Much brighter than stock, & they seem to have a slightly wider field of view. The thing I like the most is that the low beam stays on when putting on high beam, so you can still see right in front of you just fine. I've never had any issues with icing/freezing, either.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I reread your post, & realized I misunderstood your issue. The bulbs I installed had a metal ring that is what the spring clip pushes against to hold the bulb in the housing. That ring could be removed by taking out a couple small screws, then the rubber boot/cover put on the bulb.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I installed a new set of LED lights from SSI and they really work well. The light has a fan and wires on the back and it makes the covers impossible to reinstall without modification.

The lenses are getting filled with snow dust and it might become an issue.

What are my options here other than rubber banding on a zip lock bag over each hole.

Would the glove box liner work in this situation?

Thanks for any and all input,
Ugh!!!! This was not what I wanted to read. I am installing my new LED light's next weekend from SSI in my 16 XRS and I thought it was going to be plug and play per Sean.. Nothing mentioned about snow dust in the lenses. Have you figured out a fix? Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I talked with Shawn about my dust cover issues and he is sending me deeper covers to encapsulate all the wires and black box.

From the picture he sent it should work great. I am expecting to receive the covers this week and I will post results.

The Enduro lights must be different some how than what he is used to. I don't know how because all the sleds light fixtures look the same to me.

After watching the video Stinger 66 posted I can see a huge difference in light bulb installation and access from the Freeride to my Enduro XS. That is where the issue/difference is with the bulbs

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bought the premium bulb kit for my 2010 xp, am I going to run into snow dust issue with the covers? Or is it a xs issue only? Heading up to the cabin in a week to install will I need the deeper covers too?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I bought the premium bulb kit for my 2010 xp, am I going to run into snow dust issue with the covers? Or is it a xs issue only? Heading up to the cabin in a week to install will I need the deeper covers too?
I would PM Sii (Shawn) with any questions about fitment. That is how he prefers to be contacted. I must be the first customer to install these bulbs in a XS machine.

I think in Alberta Canada everyone must ride Summits and Freerides and those machines have a completely different bulb installation than most other sleds. If you watch the video posted above in Stinger 66 post and if you are familiar with the XS you will see the bulb and installation process in a Freeride.

**UPDATE: Sii is sending me larger covers that will work on the Enduro model. I will post back as soon as I get them installed.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah. This is crazy. Anybody else have a solution on the XS sleds? Just don't want snow dust in my lenses.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Those Light emitting diodes are the future of lighting for everything. It will make night riding fun again they are tough too. They under drive led so you in turn should get 30 to 40.000 hours out of them. They should out last your sled. When they use a fan in a led light you know it is pushing watts.

·
Registered
18 Freeride 154 3”
390 Posts
I would PM Sii (Shawn) with any questions about fitment. That is how he prefers to be contacted. I must be the first customer to install these bulbs in a XS machine.

I think in Alberta Canada everyone must ride Summits and Freerides and those machines have a completely different bulb installation than most other sleds. If you watch the video posted above in Stinger 66 post and if you are familiar with the XS you will see the bulb and installation process in a Freeride.
I asked about this in the destroy darkness thread and he said the covers only apply to the enduro model. Not sure what the difference is but he told me I wouldn't need them for my freeride.

Now I'm just waiting for him to get them back in stock.

Sent from Galaxy S8

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that Shawn has a solution it just has not shown up at my door yet......

·
Registered
329 Posts
Proworx LED from JB's power centre in Canada work awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had to make a small modification to the harness to get them to fit 100% inside the housing. Changed the standard H4 harness for a Bosch 5 Pole relay plug i cut down to the same configuration. The boots fit back on without any holes cut in them. Great output, colour and focus. NO FAN to have go bad and no packs or resistors to mount.

Attachments

Reactions: Oldyellar50
1 - 20 of 43 Posts