Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone switched over to LED headlights? I'm awaiting the arrival of my new summit and am trying to order most of my parts before the seasonal rush. Looking at switching over to LED and wasn't sure if I can just order bulbs or need a kit, seeing what others have done and trying to prevent spending unnecessary funds if I don't need to, but also not trying to create other issues.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
You might check for other threads. There are some really good threads about LED lighting.

Most people love their LED lights. More level headed reviewers say there isn't much difference other than the LEDs are brighter/whiter in the short distances, but because the lens on your machine is made for the wavelength of a halogen, you really don't get much more distance, and because the up close is so much brighter, anything beyond the bright area is harder to see.

How is that for a summary? You want details, see the other threads. I even did a side by side comparison with a GoPro camera.

·
Registered
270 Posts
:Cheers

·
Registered
265 Posts
Pony up and get the SII. I got some cheap Beamtech ones on Amazon that had like 50,000 really good reviews but they don't work in a snowmobile the same. Schweiger International Imports is the best you can get in my book.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Morimoto 2stroke 2.0. I have them in my trail sled and will be going in the new summit. Morimoto is one of the better or best aftermarket LED in the auto world.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just installed a set of the Beam Tech 6500K 10000 lumens. ($40) Easy install, indexed the bulbs LED's are white OEM looks yellow. I will know how well they work after the season starts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts