Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have the same sled same issue. Bought different bulbs to try but curious to see any way to remedy it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do a search on here. Enough information to make your head spin, but bottom line is you need to add a resistor to make the led lights work right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I just had this issue on a 2007 Blizzard SDI, the highbeam indicator would light and the dim/dip would not allow low beams to function.

My solution was to purchase a 50watt canbus resistor from flamazon. I didn't take photos but will do my best to explain what I did.

After removing the windshield, and guages, and installing the LEDs in the housings I focused on how to mount and secure my canbus resistors.

I purchased
https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-Resistors-Connector-Headlight-Canceller/dp/B071JNHFRJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546799903&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=50+watt+canbus+h4&dpPl=1&dpID=51dURhiS5aL&ref=plSrch

Each h4 connector I bought came with two resistors, I figured that one should be enough, so I clipped the blue lead and the black lead from the purchased canbus resistor, shrink wrapped the loose ends and then began my install.

On the exhaust side headlight is where I found more Clear room to work

I took the one resistor body and firmly held it in place against the aluminum support bar that extends from the steering loop to the frame under the headlight, using a large hose clamp,
Once it was securely held in place I added some rtv ultra copper to the clamp threads to hold them against vibration.

Tested and voila, working led lights

Took some time but was a fun project to get away and done.

I tried my best to secure any loose wiring to keep it clear of the resistor as it will get warm, adding it to the aluminum cross bar tightly I hope will also act as an additional heatsink.

Hopefully that helps anyone that's trying to improve their lighting.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts