Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passing this along... I purchasd a pair of H4 LED bulbs from LEDEagle using promo code Diamond20. I paid $56 shipped vs the $100 shipped price I saw everywhere here in the States.

12000 lumens!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like those are only 8000 lumens. The reason I chose the brand I did was the fact the beam is more focused. LED bulbs like to scatter the light.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
[quote name="mxz_x_800" post="23031737" timestamp="1570408301" date="Yesterday, 09:31 PM"]
Do you have a link for beamtechs 10000. A lot of led companies are giving you total output of 2 bulbs. 10,000 = 5,000 per bulb. Can't find theses anywhere[/

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can have all the lumens you want, but if the LED is not in the same exact spot as the filiment is on the Halogen bulb, you will not be happy with an LED. The motorcycle community has been dealing with this for years. The reflector is made for the Halogen bulb. A lot of the cheap LED companys do not put the LEDs in the same spot so the light is not reflected properley. I am not into LED headlight bulbs, and am not knocking them. They are great if made properly. So, if someone had found one that works, I would stick with that company. If not, you are risking not being happy with the results and throwing good gas money out the window! If you can afford to experiment, then go for it!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
You can have all the lumens you want, but if the LED is not in the same exact spot as the filiment is on the Halogen bulb, you will not be happy with an LED. The motorcycle community has been dealing with this for years. The reflector is made for the Halogen bulb. A lot of the cheap LED companys do not put the LEDs in the same spot so the light is not reflected properley. I am not into LED headlight bulbs, and am not knocking them. They are great if made properly. So, if someone had found one that works, I would stick with that company. If not, you are risking not being happy with the results and throwing good gas money out the window! If you can afford to experiment, then go for it!!
Exactly, I have been saying this for a while. The bulb has to match the reflector housing.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I really need to get a 3D printer so I can develop some of my ideas. LED reflector/lens is one of them. Something that would slide into your standard headlight lens. I wouldn't have to re-invent anything, just use what some cars already have.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really need to get a 3D printer so I can develop some of my ideas. LED reflector/lens is one of them. Something that would slide into your standard headlight lens. I wouldn't have to re-invent anything, just use what some cars already have.
Get to work!

I had some prototype parts 3d printed about 8 months ago. If you have the design file all set just farm out the printing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LED Eagle bulbs are rated 6000 lumens "each"

Their response...

Thank for your purchasing.

Our DIamondVision each bulb is 6000LM, two bulb would be at 12000LM.

Most of our customers install H4 or newer model H13 on their skidoo.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The 10,000 lumen beamtech's have a fan on them and the led's are positioned to match the halogen. The 8,000 lumen beamtechs do not have a fan but are also positioned to match a halogen. They can be indexed so you want to have the blade vertical in the machine. The 10000 lumen set work very well, better than stock

1 - 19 of 19 Posts