Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 02 Renegade and I recently tried to replace the headlight bulbs with OEM LED bulbs (http://www.mfgsupply.com/up-01037.html) and they aren't bright at all. I can literally look at them close up with my eyes open. Has anyone ever had experience with these? Especially in a zx chassis? No one has any info on this chassis. Wondering if anyone has tried them and if maybe there's something wrong with my sled? The stock halogen ones work fine, but my high/low beam button doesn't do anything to the LED bulbs. They just stay on the same, dim setting. Any help? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Just throwing this out because I am not sure..... Your sled may have an AC system that will power a regular filament lamp on both pulse wave directions. An LED requires DC power so you are probable only powering it 1/2 the time making it dim. If this is the case you would need a bridge rectifier to convert AC to DC and you may even need a battery as well since the bridge rectifier will only cut off the negative AC pulses and not really create a true DC power source. If you happen to have electric start and and already have a battery you could make some wiring changes and power the light directly off the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts