Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
11,284 Posts
I'm not 100% sure I follow. I see this a lot about LEDs - they're brighter, but don't shine any farther - and in my experience that just hasn't been the case. Of course a brighter light shines farther...that's the whole point. The only time this WOULDN'T be the case is if the filament / LED isn't properly located in the reflector, causing the beam pattern to be inferior. More light hits the snow close up - less makes it further down the trail. I've never tried Beamtechs because I've seen a lot of reviews saying that the beam pattern isn't ideal.

For what it's worth, I got a set of the B2 from Motojungle as I know for sure the beam pattern is correct. The Cyclops LED's in my old 670 made a literal night and day difference, and the SII in my old XS also made a very notable difference. I was pretty impressed with how good the stock G4 was out of the box compared to both of them, and I'm pretty sure with the LEDs it will be that much better.
have you run the B2's yet? i ordered a set for my backcountry a few days ago

· Registered
438 Posts
What year is your ram? I have an 09 with just the 2 lights, h13s.
Did these bulbs set off any codes?
2019 2500 big horn. No codes for canbus and these trucks are very sensitive. There are a few different headlight housings on these trucks. These are the ones mine has. I actually think the headlights my 2016 2500 tradesman had were a little bit better
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
'09 & '13 GSX 1200's 1985 Manta 500
1,272 Posts
Beamtechs in my '13 1200 . Had to get the resistor kit from them to get hi/low to function properly. Without the resistor kit they would only stay on the high beams. HID in my '09 1200, better range on the high beam with the shutter style bulbs.
I put the LED in the '13 as getting quality replacement HID shutter style bulbs that last or of good quality is impossible.
HID warm up time was not a issue as motor should get a minute to run before moving anyway.

· Registered
911 Posts
I only speak from experience and I put beamtechs in all my sleds because i like the illumintaion the low beam but when it comes to high beam you will not get light down the trail enough to drive at any speed above 50-55 MPH. Adjust your housing up as high as you want and it will not matter. I had pics on my old phone of the beamtechs high beam and the aux high beams turned on and it's significant. For me I would not spend a penny on another upgrade on the G4 before I put on the aux high beams.
it's so bad Im suprised it has not been a safety issue causing litigation.....I ride whatever I can when someone shows up with a new sled and Im always glad to get back on my G4. Having said that I'm still shocked at how bad the light is at night in comparison to Polaris. The Polaris is not as good as my Doo with the Aux high beams but it should not have cost me $400 to get there.

I'm not 100% sure I follow. I see this a lot about LEDs - they're brighter, but don't shine any farther - and in my experience that just hasn't been the case. Of course a brighter light shines farther...that's the whole point. The only time this WOULDN'T be the case is if the filament / LED isn't properly located in the reflector, causing the beam pattern to be inferior. More light hits the snow close up - less makes it further down the trail. I've never tried Beamtechs because I've seen a lot of reviews saying that the beam pattern isn't ideal.

For what it's worth, I got a set of the B2 from Motojungle as I know for sure the beam pattern is correct. The Cyclops LED's in my old 670 made a literal night and day difference, and the SII in my old XS also made a very notable difference. I was pretty impressed with how good the stock G4 was out of the box compared to both of them, and I'm pretty sure with the LEDs it will be that much better.

· Registered
1,596 Posts
I only speak from experience and I put beamtechs in all my sleds because i like the illumintaion the low beam but when it comes to high beam you will not get light down the trail enough to drive at any speed above 50-55 MPH. Adjust your housing up as high as you want and it will not matter. I had pics on my old phone of the beamtechs high beam and the aux high beams turned on and it's significant. For me I would not spend a penny on another upgrade on the G4 before I put on the aux high beams.
it's so bad Im suprised it has not been a safety issue causing litigation.....I ride whatever I can when someone shows up with a new sled and Im always glad to get back on my G4. Having said that I'm still shocked at how bad the light is at night in comparison to Polaris. The Polaris is not as good as my Doo with the Aux high beams but it should not have cost me $400 to get there.
What version of the Beamtechs were you using? They offer several H13 versions with 4 different LM levels 8000, 10000, 12000, 14000. Most on here seem to use either the 10000 or 12000 as the 8000 is a fan-less version is just not enough.

· Registered
911 Posts
Used them all..... starting in 2017 and last ones bought last year for my 2020.5
If your LED's are giving you enough light at night then your good. Some people don't ride at night and some people slow down alot at night. I like night riding because Im not worried about some coming through the corner on the trail.
Ride a newer Cat or Polaris and you will see how bad the G4 light is.

What version of the Beamtechs were you using? They offer several H13 versions with 4 different LM levels 8000, 10000, 12000, 14000. Most on here seem to use either the 10000 or 12000 as the 8000 is a fan-less version is just not enough.

· Registered
1,596 Posts
Used them all..... starting in 2017 and last ones bought last year for my 2020.5
If your LED's are giving you enough light at night then your good. Some people don't ride at night and some people slow down alot at night. I like night riding because Im not worried about some coming through the corner on the trail.
Ride a newer Cat or Polaris and you will see how bad the G4 light is.
I own a G4 and Polaris. Stock G4 is far from great but with LED's is alot better.

· Banshee Builder
2022 backcountryXRS 850
11,284 Posts
How did you B2's work.
its the only led bulb i have run on my sled so i cant tell you if the b2 is the best or worst choice but i will say they were worth the money, no question. i will also say they have held up great with over 8100 trouble free miles on the b2's.

· Registered
83 Posts
its the only led bulb i have run on my sled so i cant tell you if the b2 is the best or worst choice but i will say they were worth the money, no question. i will also say they have held up great with over 8100 trouble free miles on the b2's.
Thanks for your feed back. I just order them for my 2023 Renegade X 600 E-Tec ..now just need snow

21 - 34 of 34 Posts