Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at upgrading my stock halogen bulbs to LED. First off, do people recommend doing this? I have seen many videos showing the amazing difference but I have also read some posts where people don't recommend it. Second, if people do recommend it, what exact bulb would people recommend that I buy?

Thanks again for all the help.

· Registered
401 Posts
Absolutely do it! Did mine before I even picked up my ‘21 last October 31st. Looks and works so much better! Can’t believe Doo still doesn’t Doo this??

I got the Beamtechs…they work great and only about 40 bucks(at least that was the price last year when I ordered them).

· Registered
2020 Renegade X- Black, the fastest color.
1,003 Posts
Here ya go. See link. 499 posts on the Beamtechs from right here on Dootalk. Should keep ya busy for a little bit. lol. lots of good info in there.

· Registered
2,842 Posts
These get my vote and are brighter than beamtech. I used the H4 version and it is super bright, had beamtechs in the past. I would buy the h13 version for my sled but I currently like the BOSLLA color changing bulbs even though I know these are brighter than the Boslla bulbs.

Light Product Font Material property Screenshot

· Registered
911 Posts
Your LED's won't help getting light down the trail so wether you have stock or LED's you will be over riding your headlight at night at any speed over 55MPH.
Doo aux high beams solve that issue....shouldn't have to spend nearly $400 to ride safe at night but that is the only true option.

· Registered
438 Posts
Liquid Cosmetics Font Camera accessory Material property

I recently put these in my truck and was so impressed with the brightness at 5-6 telephone lengths away that I ordered a set for my sled. I ran cheaper leds in my 2020 renegade xrs and they had no distance to them but were very bright.

if you go with beamtechs get these ones.
Automotive parking light Hood Output device Automotive lighting Automotive design

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up buying the Beamtech bulbs for my sled. The job was very easy to replace them, but when I turn them until they lock into place, they are not completely vertical. Everything that I read says that they have to be vertical. I have included two pictures (one of each) bulb to show where they locked. Does it look like I did something wrong? I can't get them to sit perfectly vertical without locking them in. Any suggestions?
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Stairs
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,635 Posts
View attachment 1977056
I recently put these in my truck and was so impressed with the brightness at 5-6 telephone lengths away that I ordered a set for my sled. I ran cheaper leds in my 2020 renegade xrs and they had no distance to them but were very bright.

if you go with beamtechs get these ones.
View attachment 1977058
The termitor’s specs are impressive
When using them how was the low beam. Was it useful? Or did just have a dimmer setting of the high beam?

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I ended up buying the Beamtech bulbs for my sled. The job was very easy to replace them, but when I turn them until they lock into place, they are not completely vertical. Everything that I read says that they have to be vertical. I have included two pictures (one of each) bulb to show where they locked. Does it look like I did something wrong? I can't get them to sit perfectly vertical without locking them in. Any suggestions? View attachment 1978234 View attachment 1978236
Did you clock the blade properly before installing? It’s really easy. Just look at the tabs of the stock bulbs when filaments are in the vertical position and match the led bulb by removing the little set screws and rotating appropriately. If you did that then I’m guessing you have to turn them further. I know mine were very hard to tighten all the way.

· Registered
438 Posts
The termitor’s specs are impressive
When using them how was the low beam. Was it useful? Or did just have a dimmer setting of the high beam?
My ram has separate bulbs for high and low beam. I won’t know how the bulbs work in my sled for probably a month or so. But in my truck i can actually see further with the terminators and in most cases you get really bright light with leds but you don’t gain any distance over the halogens. I also don’t get flashed by on coming traffic anymore either. First pic is low beams and fog. Second pic is highbeams if you zoom in the low fade pretty good at the rr tracks but the bright ls stay really bright we’ll beyond the tracks.
Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Window Sky

Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Windscreen wiper Atmospheric phenomenon

Sorry my windshield needs to be cleaned. These lights are as good or better than the 52” light bar i had on my ranger.
Light Nature Automotive lighting Infrastructure Asphalt

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
634 Posts

· Registered
1,861 Posts
I ended up buying the Beamtech bulbs for my sled. The job was very easy to replace them, but when I turn them until they lock into place, they are not completely vertical. Everything that I read says that they have to be vertical. I have included two pictures (one of each) bulb to show where they locked. Does it look like I did something wrong? I can't get them to sit perfectly vertical without locking them in. Any suggestions? View attachment 1978234 View attachment 1978236
My beamtechs were adjustable. There was an Allen key set screw to adjust them.

· Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,635 Posts
My ram has separate bulbs for high and low beam. I won’t know how the bulbs work in my sled for probably a month or so. But in my truck i can actually see further with the terminators and in most cases you get really bright light with leds but you don’t gain any distance over the halogens. I also don’t get flashed by on coming traffic anymore either. First pic is low beams and fog. Second pic is highbeams if you zoom in the low fade pretty good at the rr tracks but the bright ls stay really bright we’ll beyond the tracks. View attachment 1978249
View attachment 1978246
Sorry my windshield needs to be cleaned. These lights are as good or better than the 52” light bar i had on my ranger.
View attachment 1978247
View attachment 1978248
Thank you for the pictures. Those leds don’t disappoint. I have the Beamtechs in my sled but I’m always looking for something better.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
My ram has separate bulbs for high and low beam. I won’t know how the bulbs work in my sled for probably a month or so. But in my truck i can actually see further with the terminators and in most cases you get really bright light with leds but you don’t gain any distance over the halogens. I also don’t get flashed by on coming traffic anymore either. First pic is low beams and fog. Second pic is highbeams if you zoom in the low fade pretty good at the rr tracks but the bright ls stay really bright we’ll beyond the tracks. View attachment 1978249
View attachment 1978246
View attachment 1978247
View attachment 1978248
What year is your ram? I have an 09 with just the 2 lights, h13s.
Did these bulbs set off any codes?

· Registered
241 Posts
Your LED's won't help getting light down the trail so wether you have stock or LED's you will be over riding your headlight at night at any speed over 55MPH.
Doo aux high beams solve that issue....shouldn't have to spend nearly $400 to ride safe at night but that is the only true option.
I'm not 100% sure I follow. I see this a lot about LEDs - they're brighter, but don't shine any farther - and in my experience that just hasn't been the case. Of course a brighter light shines farther...that's the whole point. The only time this WOULDN'T be the case is if the filament / LED isn't properly located in the reflector, causing the beam pattern to be inferior. More light hits the snow close up - less makes it further down the trail. I've never tried Beamtechs because I've seen a lot of reviews saying that the beam pattern isn't ideal.

For what it's worth, I got a set of the B2 from Motojungle as I know for sure the beam pattern is correct. The Cyclops LED's in my old 670 made a literal night and day difference, and the SII in my old XS also made a very notable difference. I was pretty impressed with how good the stock G4 was out of the box compared to both of them, and I'm pretty sure with the LEDs it will be that much better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts