Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
The caps suck, the oil spirals its way down the threads. It also can run back down the vent line and intot he tray if you have put the sled over enough to force the oil up the line.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Some caps are bad, some holes are oval, some caps are wrong some gaskets are bad. The only thing I can say is it is one of those. You could overfill and it can come out the breather tube, or that may be off. The cap is a self tightning desighn, finger tight is all that is needed and it will tighten itself. Gas cap is the same. So maybe it was cranked on and is warped and may come back. I also don't fill mine to within 2 inchs of the top. I hear the arctic cat cap works well on ours, maybe try it looser and see first then tear it apart and rebuild it with a new bottle and cap.
Then replace the carb boots and exhaust bolts and maybe rings while you are at it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Mine does it also, I clean it out weekly in the winter

G

·
MotionMan said:
Some caps are bad, some holes are oval, some caps are wrong some gaskets are bad. The only thing I can say is it is one of those. You could overfill and it can come out the breather tube, or that may be off. The cap is a self tightning desighn, finger tight is all that is needed and it will tighten itself. Gas cap is the same. So maybe it was cranked on and is warped and may come back. I also don't fill mine to within 2 inchs of the top. I hear the arctic cat cap works well on ours, maybe try it looser and see first then tear it apart and rebuild it with a new bottle and cap.
Then replace the carb boots and exhaust bolts and maybe rings while you are at it.

[snapback]682867[/snapback]​
Hey! why not eh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.