Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 1979 436.6 tnt engine there is oily gas mixture (pretty dark) leaking from it looks like the engine mount studs and all over the mount. What does this mean bottom end gasket blown?? Should there be anything in the bottom end? for example gas or oil? It might even be coming out where the crank comes out too but not positive. Its not pouring out or anything its just slowly leaking, so if I go for a ride for an hour there wll be like 10 drops all over the mount and bolts, but spread out not actual drops so you can't really tell where it is coming from its just a mess of oil and gas on the mount after. I know its coming from the very bottom not where the crankcase splits apart because that is all clean. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ps my compression is like 115 on both cylinders give or take a couple but when i crank the engine over with it full throttle and tester in one of the cylinders it goes up to like 90 then if I dont pull it over right after it will fly back down to 0 this is normal or no???? After 2 or 3 pulls it usually goes up to around 110 to 125 but its so hard to tell because it goes down after you stop pulling so fast.

Thanks Guys in Advance

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I guess this oily stuff is coming out of the exhaust gasket probably.I'll be surprised that cr/case will be leaking,its metal to metal,no gasket there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
your compression gauge is leaking,,,,it should hold the pressure ,,,,check for a cracked exhaust,,,it could be spitting on the area you speak of

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.