Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 3 was something of a bust. We rode 25 miles before deciding that Dirtfarmer01's sled was sagging excessively and needed to be looked at. The first dealer in St Michele de Saints correctly diagnosed the problem as a blown rear shock. But they incorrectly identified the part number he needed. And they didn't have it -at least they didn't have the wrong part # maybe they had the correct one but we never found out. That set us off on a truck ride to a series of other dealerships looking for the wrong part number - which nobody had. The third dealer - Gero in St Jean de Matha pulled the sled into their shop when we got there at 3pm and thought that the shock was ok but that he needed big boy torsion springs - which they had and installed. Once installed it was clear that the problem was not solved so now they determined that the shock was shot after all and of course ... they didn't have it. They didn't have the wrong one identified by dealer #1 and didn't have the correct one either. But they did have one out of an 800 etec (I think) that seemed to be a longer length but they installed it and we were on our way. They basically stayed open a few minutes past closing time to get us back on the road. At various times there were 3 guys working on it. They very easily could have told us at 3pm when we got there that they would deal with it in the morning. But they improvised and stayed open a little late to help us out. They were awesome. Check out the sink/counter top in the bathroom at the dealer. These places were like museums compared to our places here in NY.

Sky Snow Tree Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Engineering Gas Plant Property Building Wood Interior design

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Best dealer I’ve ever dealt with. I can’t say enough about everyone who works there. It’s bad enough with the language barrier but there were a few who spoke English, even if they all thought I talk fast. They saved our trip and made my sled whole again. I know they are in business to serve but they exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Best dealer I've ever dealt with. I can't say enough about everyone who works there. It's bad enough with the language barrier but there were a few who spoke English, even if they all thought I talk fast. They saved our trip and made my sled whole again. I know they are in business to serve but they exceeded my expectations.
Generally true of all dealers in Quebec!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts