Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried ordering lateral foot plates for the Mach and dealer told me they will not fit.
Anyone try or know the reason why thye dont fit? I put them on my 21 900T Xrs so what changed?

·
boost junkie
10,891 Posts
they dont fit the enduro ether
no clue why

Reactions: Givrrr2damax

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wish my new Mach was beside my Xrs so i could compare the changes 😢

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there wires that run through the running board edges for the smart shocks? My buddy tried putting them on his Enduro and nicked the hose which runs through there
There is a hose that runs through the outside tube? I drilled the Xrs and didnt see any hose or anything, maybe for smart shocks on the 22’s you may be right. Im very curious now.

·
Super Moderator
29,677 Posts
Yeah...so sad they actually had to hide a wire for the most advanced suspension ever put in a snowmobile so they used a structural part so it'll last. The shame...🙄

·
Registered
1 Posts
I solved two problems at once--- running boards were eating up my boots so I made a plate to mount flat on the running board and bent the side up to match lateral foot support. I made it from 1/8 inch aluminum, works perfectly and looks great.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I solved two problems at once--- running boards were eating up my boots so I made a plate to mount flat on the running board and bent the side up to match lateral foot support. I made it from 1/8 inch aluminum, works perfectly and looks great.
I had tried something very similar to what you did on my 2021 XRS 900 turbo. I liked how it felt & had a more locked in feel, but my feet got way to hot. I had removed the heat shield on the right side between your foot & muffler like Rockerdan did so that also didn't help the situation as well.

In the end I removed them & did a second modification. First I closed off the area under my feet, just used a piece of black plastic on the underside of the running board. I put it on the underside because I still wanted the ridges on the running boards that grab your boots & help hold your feet in place. Then I added a piece of wood painted black ( piece from a old hockey stick shaft ) on the underside of the toe holds. Before this, there was to much room between the top of my boot & the toe hold, & I had to pull up hard to get these toe holds to work well. Now there is just enough room for my boot to slide in & out of this area & if riding very aggressive you can still hang your boot off the side of the running board a bit. The thickness of the wood spacer will change by the size of boot you wear. I'm a size 9, but if your a size 11 or 12 boot I'm sure this space between your boot & toe hold is already tight enough.

I was very surprised by how much warmer my feet were by just closing off the bottom of the running boards under my feet. I had heard about people with 2 strokes getting cold feet, but with this mod I did on my Gen 4 & the heat from this turbo 4 stroke, my feet never got cold last year. I was actually looking at buying better boots as mine are about 14 years old & I'm sure there is a lot better boots on the market today, this modification saved me about $400 for new boots & I feel my feet are very locked in now when I need them. The Gen 4 took a bit to get used to after my 2014 1200 where your feet are well hidden along side of the running boards.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So yes I confirmed with dealer today that yes the wires for the smartshocks run inside the running board frame and to not install the footplates. Unfortunately i liked them on my Xrs but will not have them on my Mach so will look at another solution i guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So yes I confirmed with dealer today that yes the wires for the smartshocks run inside the running board frame and to not install the footplates. Unfortunately i liked them on my Xrs but will not have them on my Mach so will look at another solution i guess.
Thanks for the update , My only complaints on the 2019 900 XRS turbo were the lack of foot plates and I never liked the heat loss on my feet . I loved the heat on my feet on my Xs 1200 .
This is something BRP could reinvent.
Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is how I've been doing mine and what I've been using
So you are riveting that to the underside of the footwell? Do you bend up a piece to close the side part in?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts