Longer?12136.78%
Taller & longer?11133.74%
What color?
Clear?18155.02%
Black?14844.98%

·
Registered
151 Posts
There's this company that makes aftermarket fuel tanks larger then stock. The come in clear or black and fit in the stock mounting locations and use the same seat, they're made out of polyethylene plastic. The other thing about these tanks is they are single wall - not double wall like the XP tanks, so they're lighter also. If you got the clear you wouldn't need the fuel gauge float assembly either. The cost between $300 - $350 USD. They make tanks for AC, Polaris and Yamaha - but not ski-doo, when I asked them why they said, "the planned to make one, but with the economic downturn they couldn't afford to make one yet." I'm starting this poll to find out how many people would be interested in purchasing one so the supplier can determine if the economics are there to build them. Here's the site. http://www.trailtank.net/polaris/polaris-iq-mountain/31-trailtank-iqm.html

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
There's this company that makes aftermarket fuel tanks larger then stock. The come in clear or black and fit in the stock mounting locations and use the same seat, they're made out of polyethylene plastic. The other thing about these tanks is they are single wall - not double wall like the XP tanks, so they're lighter also. If you got the clear you wouldn't need the fuel gauge float assembly either.

The cost between $300 - $350 USD.

They make tanks for AC, Polaris and Yamaha - but not ski-door, when I asked them why they said, "the planned to make one, but with the economic downturn they couldn't afford to make one yet."

I'm starting this poll to find out how many people would be interested in purchasing one so the supplier can determine if the economics are there to build them.

Here's the site. http://www.trailtank.net/polaris/polaris-iq-mountain/31-trailtank-iqm.html
i contacted them 3 yrs ago and they said they were in the process of making them. i diffently would buy one if they make a 12 or 13 gallon, clear one

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
David if you do get them to make a tank I will take one asap unless its taller because then my boss seat would make you sit stupid high!

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,277 Posts
Don't know if I'd jump in on a purchase just yet but am very interested in the super sized as the added extra security would be nice at night on the long marathon rides. It would be also nice to be able to play more in new areas where your not sure the next fill up is coming from, and have to ride right through so you know you have enough to make it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know if I'd jump in on a purchase just yet but am very interested in the super sized as the added extra security would be nice at night on the long marathon rides. It would be also nice to be able to play more in new areas where your not sure the next fill up is coming from, and have to ride right through so you know you have enough to make it.
Yup - cross country racers, those of us that ride & live in the backcountry where there are no fuels stations, and people that like to SEE what's left in their tank verses what the liar gauge says, and people that want to drop extra weight will want one of these. Another case where bigger is better.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
A larger tank would be great. I could eliminate the fuel caddy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think there should definatley be a black tank w/ a little stripe of a guage on there so you can see the level, and still have a black tank.
This is a good idea. I don't think a clear tank would look good on an all black x.

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,409 Posts
same here have been asking via email for almost 3 years for a xp clear tank with more capacity,they would sell a ton of them

·
Just turning hydrocarbons into noise!
3,642 Posts
IronDog count me in for two or three 13 to 15 gal tanks!!

IT took some doing but we got the first over size tanks made for our 08 FX Nytros for the 2008 Irondog. While they didn't show up intime for us to test thrash them BEFOR the race we elected not to run them. (they would have been fine as they WERE ran on the 09 sleds during the 2009 Irondog)
IF they are made by the same company (ID PM me) YEs the fit in finish is ok and the durability IS really good. Since this was a race sled we really didn't care IF looks were perfect!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not in the market for this immediately, other purchases that need to be made first. However seems like a much better option than a fuel caddy when I get to that point.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts