Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got hit with some lake affect snow on Saturday just north of Belleville. Part of that same storm that hit Buffalo so hard. Just over 10" on the back patio table, and our 911 signpost isn't going to help us much right now.
Azure Snow Slope Gas Font
Sky Atmosphere Furniture Water Snow

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I've got to go from just north of Huntsville to Wiarton and Sauble Beach for christmas with my sisters.Been following the weather forecast a bit here today.Need to decide whether to go thursday or friday for the holidays.I had planned on friday but that might change.

· Registered
436 Posts
bring it.....booked into White Pines at LSP end of month.

I love all the panicking on Faceplant, all the Covid newbie sledders "oh this season is a write off"

Weird, I don't think it is a write off yet. I've been riding all my life. Live in SW Ontario. I have a trailer, because I need it......because you need to go where there is snow. And, usually, it starts the end of January.

· Registered
382 Posts
I have a group of six of us heading to Ontario on the 21st. We are riding out of Searchmont and doing a loop to Waw, Hearst, Cochrane, Chapleau and back to Searchmont. On the map it shows most of the trails closed. We are 10 days out, should I be worried. None of us have ever rode in this area. Am I reading this map wrong? Most of the UP, Wisconsin and Minnesota have good snow so I just assumed this area did as well. Thanks

Yes we are noobies to Canada riding!

· Registered
436 Posts
I have a group of six of us heading to Ontario on the 21st. We are riding out of Searchmont and doing a loop to Waw, Hearst, Cochrane, Chapleau and back to Searchmont. On the map it shows most of the trails closed. We are 10 days out, should I be worried. None of us have ever rode in this area. Am I reading this map wrong? Most of the UP, Wisconsin and Minnesota have good snow so I just assumed this area did as well. Thanks

Hopefully someone from up that area can confirm for you. I suspect that you will be ok, it has been cold the last while after the big thaw. My guess is they are trying to get the trails in shape before marking them as open. I do notice that just today, a lot of clubs in the province seem to be showing trails open limited. I'm thinking you will know a lot better in the next day or 2. Enjoy the trails and scenery up there!.........EDIT: hey check the Wawa Sno Riders Facebook Page, they seem to be fairly up to date. Looks like they are indeed working on the trails for you

Reactions: fire/medic

· Registered
774 Posts

On that route fuel up whenever you can. Lots of area to cover with few services in between

Issue you may have is one club will be open or limited where the connecting club trail is still red (closed). LOTS of water running. We haven't had "cold" until the last 7-10 days.

· Registered
48 Posts

Another issue for that particular route is last I heard was halfway haven was not going to be open this year. Long way from searchmont to wawa w no gas mid trip.
Sky Snow Building Tree Snowmobile

1 - 20 of 53 Posts