Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it anyone who have modded the reverse for full power yet?

I think its anoying that it goes in (probably)eco-mode and have no power, when hitting the reverse.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,823 Posts
no problems with reverse here.......or at least so far....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
To me, it's one of my favorite features of the sled. Instead of spinning the track like all other sleds when the carbides grab, it doesn't lose traction and keeps on pulling. It works great unstudded for backing into the garage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine works just fine..
Yes it works fine.. but is the throttle response exactly the same in reverse and forward?

Mine was not!

The theory is that the beep-signal sensor also puts the engine in eco-mode.. maybe for safety. Get stuck in water/slush and want to reverse is a nightmare.

(i traded my 900ace in for a 600etec this fall, boring but better)

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,823 Posts
My 2015 renegade 900 ace all three modes work in reverse as they do going forward

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't know about the modes in reverse, I almost always ride in sport, but I do know that mine sucks at backing up in any kind of snow except packed trails, acts like the front end has an anchor attached to it, just wants to spin and sink, having over 7k miles with this sled I know it is not a fluke and I am used to it but always have to watch it so I don't get stuck.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Check to see if it is in Eco mode when you switch to reverse. If yes, it will seem slow or boggy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't know about the modes in reverse, I almost always ride in sport, but I do know that mine sucks at backing up in any kind of snow except packed trails, acts like the front end has an anchor attached to it, just wants to spin and sink, having over 7k miles with this sled I know it is not a fluke and I am used to it but always have to watch it so I don't get stuck.
ha ha you must have never owned a yamaha four stroke, i have the Ace and yes reverse is a challenge but my nytro mine as well not have reverse at all, just dug holes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts