Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend a lot of time on dootalk but don't post much. Today i just feel the need to give a shout out to Ian @ Monster Performance. I live in the Maritimes, in Canada (PEI), and recently purchased some Exit x1shocks from Ian, mostly because of the reputation he has on here. Due to lack of snow, I haven't had the chance to test the shocks, but I'm confident they will be great.

I don't want to imply that any one shock manufacturer or distributor is better or worse than the other, as I've had some very informative conversations with Jake @ Raptor and Frank @ Shocktec, who both seem like very reliable sources, and I know there are others.

I do want to say that Ian's service was some of the best I have experienced. He was, and continues to be, extremely helpful. And the amazing part is that he usually returns email inquiries within minutes at all hours any day of the week, which is very convenient, as I do most of my wrenching on the weekend.

That's it. Just wanted to recognize a valuable member of the sledding community. Thanks Ian!!

Scott

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I once sent him a question in a email on a Sunday. I was expecting a reply on Monday or later. To my surprise he replied back almost within minutes. That is just unheard of anymore. Great guy and great service.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ditto. Can't say enough about Ian. Absolute asset here and a great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ian set up my RS with new springs and valving. Absolutely one of the best sleds I have ever ridden.

As also said, one of the best services you will ever experience. He responds right away.

Heck, I bought a sled awhile back that he owned previously. He had no problem giving me a ton of information about the sled in countless emails. I didn't even buy the sled from him. I probably tied up hours of his time asking questions about that sled and he was awesome.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I spend a lot of time on dootalk but don't post much. Today i just feel the need to give a shout out to Ian @ Monster Performance. I live in the Maritimes, in Canada (PEI), and recently purchased some Exit x1shocks from Ian, mostly because of the reputation he has on here. Due to lack of snow, I haven't had the chance to test the shocks, but I'm confident they will be great.

I don't want to imply that any one shock manufacturer or distributor is better or worse than the other, as I've had some very informative conversations with Jake @ Raptor and Frank @ Shocktec, who both seem like very reliable sources, and I know there are others.

I do want to say that Ian's service was some of the best I have experienced. He was, and continues to be, extremely helpful. And the amazing part is that he usually returns email inquiries within minutes at all hours any day of the week, which is very convenient, as I do most of my wrenching on the weekend.

That's it. Just wanted to recognize a valuable member of the sledding community. Thanks Ian!!

Scott
Happy customer of Ian's as well. Bud, that's quite a list of mods on that XP of yours !! Not happy with the front Fox floats ??

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
He made my 1200 X way better in the bumps.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Ian is just one of the GREAT site sponsors and supporters. It's no wonder so many member ship shocks to him.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Ian Is the man when It comes to shocks, I had him rebuilt & revalve my 2008 & 2010 renegade X's with dual rate springs, & bigger bumpers as well, and went with a Exit center track shock, and It was night & day better then stock, I will also send him my 2015 gade X shocks this fall to work his magic, sure there are other shock services that are great, but Ian takes the time to explain what might be the best set up for your your needs, and Is very easy to talk and listen to!! And when you get good service from a company, that has top notch products, well I just continue to use them!! :righton :righton

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yeah, Monster Performance is the working man's real deal. Straight up help with what weekend warriors to everyday racers need.
He's helped me with issues on his own time. Always gets my business.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
:righton :righton :righton :righton :righton :righton

Always nice to hear good info, especially about a site sponsor.

I have been in contact with Ian a few times, not even about shocks.

But he has given me some good info none-the-less.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,435 Posts
Ian's exceeded my expectations 3 times now on the actual job he has done for me..........and has always been there with answers to my sometimes silly questions and been very fourth coming with excellent advice....

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
thanks guys! I am super happy you all are too. Typically the good news or pats on the back are seldom, so "no news is good news" as they say. for those who do give me feedback, good or constructive it is always welcome, makes for good business! When I do have a mistake or issue to fix it bugs me terribly, I never want to have an upset customer.

I do dedicate all the time I can to my customers, sunrise to well past sunset. It is a habit I formed many years ago, just cant break it! Whether on a mini vaca, waiting for the wife to finish shopping or at a long red light I am always tending to something via the todays social media, forums, etc. All are an excellent outlets for customers and business' to connect. This poses a whole other "job" within my shop I have to tend to BUT it pays the bills and allows me to meet some cool people, so thank you to all!

Ian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy customer of Ian's as well. Bud, that's quite a list of mods on that XP of yours !! Not happy with the front Fox floats ??
I prefer cross country riding so decided to recently sell that sled and keep the Gade, which still had original shocks, so needed an upgrade badly. Float Evol R were nice and plush on the front, didn't like the Float in the rear skid, found it too harsh. I really wanted to try some good coil-overs with proper valving, I like the idea of the simplicity of them. Evol R & X are good once you get your head around the effect of different settings. For me this took lots of time reading and testing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts