Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some Bergstrom triple points, ski savers and shims on my 09 tnt last year - definately the only way to go IMO. While loading up my sled for a 500 mile January trip, I noticed that the front post was completely broke off on my left carbide. Being that I was literally out the door for a long trip, I had to stop by the local Doo dealer and buy their carbides. What a let-down. That was my last long trip for the year last year, so I had forgotten about it as spring rolled on. While perusing Doo talk today, my memory was jarred and I called Bergstroms today and tried to order just one carbide and told him what had happened last season, and without a seconds hesitation, he told me to send them to him and he'd send me a new pair along with some ski saver's free of charge. I know that this was the right thing for him to do, but in this day and age, I can no longer expect people to do the right thing. Not only are these the best carbides out there (as well as the best shims and savers), but they are sold buy a quality guy. Just wanted to write a quick post letting others know that this guy stands behind his product.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
That is wonderful to hear. I have never used the Bergstrom skegs, but I'm thinking that I will this year.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Great company but it kills me to see them limit their business potential so much.
I understand what you are saying as I have wondered the same thing about Bergstroms(Scott). I think it is great (also very rare) in this day and age to see someone out there who just wants to help others improve their ride and not try to make a fortune off of it. I talked to Scott on the phone 2 years ago, I told him that his shims were working on my precisions but i was having trouble tuning my USI's, and he told me what my darting problem was and how to solve it, then sent me shims and ski savers for FREE. I tried to tell him that I didnt expect these items for free and was willing to pay for them but he didnt want my money. He said that he was trying to get the word out about his shims and ski savers and this was his way of advertising. I have been telling poeple about his shims for years and have posted about it on dootalk afew times. This winter I will be buying his tripple point carbides. Here's to Scott

·
Registered
766 Posts
Great company but it kills me to see them limit their business potential so much.
Yes, I know what you mean. He is hard to get ahold of, but after all of the good feedback that I've gotten on his behalf as well as my positive experience, I will always give him my business as well as spread the word as much as possible.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Last year when I ordered new ski savers from him I just emailed him and they just showed up. I never look at my credit card statement because its just usually gas. I get a call from him about a month and half later that my credit card did not work. I cancelled the old card he said snowmobile people always pay. I thought ok I just another next year so sorry for that.

·
Registered
486 Posts
any advantage of buyin them triple point now...or is his price the same all year...anyone?....

·
Registered
486 Posts
On sale untill the 31, I'm thinking of buying a set ,get deal if you buy now.
im seeing them for 150 now , thats the sale price?? wow....wonder the reg price is...lol i heard there awsome though

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Scott is a great guy with a great product. I have run the same pair of Scott's carbides on my sled for the past two years. With a slight adjustment on the ski's they bite like a shark after two hard seasons. Still plenty of carbide left for a third season. Best of all, at the end of the day you don't feel like you just left the gym.

Buy them, you'll never run anything else!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Without question Scott is a man of integrity, backs his stuff and sells a great product. When(if) my triple points wear out before I ditch my ETEC, will buy another set from him with no worries.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Without question Scott is a man of integrity, backs his stuff and sells a great product. When(if) my triple points wear out before I ditch my ETEC, will buy another set from him with no worries.
been dealin with scott for years hes a great guy.called him needin some didnt have em told me ready by the time i get there.about1hr 15min.arrived they were ready waitin for me!the only ones we run. thanks scott for bein a good dude with an excellent product.

·
Registered
317 Posts
been dealin with scott for years hes a great guy.called him needin some didnt have em told me ready by the time i get there.about1hr 15min.arrived they were ready waitin for me!the only ones we run. thanks scott for bein a good dude with an excellent product.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
my next set will be some bergstroms.
steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts