Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spray painted my panels on my sled and now I want to go back to the original colors.

Anyone know any good tricks on removing spray paint? I'm gonnna try gas first and see if that works, i've heard oven cleaner works to??

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Gas or oven cleaner??? I sure wouldn`t try it. I had a show car once and I drove across a freshly painted line on the street (bright yellow), I was absolutely "edit for bad language". I used Coleman Camper fuel and it worked unbelievable!! It evaporates quick enough not to hurt the finish. This also works very well with road tar.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, ill consider them. Gas is very effective at taking off sticker residue is why I'm gonna try it, been doin it for ten years and so far haven't damaged anything with it

·
Registered
306 Posts
We use something 4 getting spray paint off brick it is actually ozone based they have three different levels takes off magic marker too you just pressure wash and takes it off like new. Unreal really and the water actually neutralizes the cleaner eco friendly maybe I will do a search like 100 bucks a gallon though graffitti remover

·
Registered
306 Posts
Google cathedral stone products mason re paint stripper I actually got to use a sample through a dealer if you can talk to a actual person good luck

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
Better off just spraying a fresh coat of paint on your current panels, selling them, and buying stock panels. I had a body shop give me back a set of panels that they wouldn't even bother removing the paint from that was chipping to repaint a different color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts