Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer inst. knee-pads for free wich I negotiated w/the sled but they boned me by putting the warning decals on the pads.I've tried low heat and mild solvent unsuccessfuly does anyone have a method ? Thats what I get for being lazy !!!!

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
air0rmc said:
the dealer inst. knee-pads for free wich I negotiated w/the sled but they boned me by putting the warning decals on the pads.I've tried low heat and mild solvent unsuccessfuly does anyone have a method ? Thats what I get for being lazy !!!!
[snapback]719137[/snapback]​
The pads come with the decals on them, here are a million posts on how to remove those decals. Ain't the search button amazing

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?ac...hlite=knee+pads

·
Registered
406 Posts
Rev Kev said:
air0rmc said:
[snapback]719137[/snapback]​
The pads come with the decals on them, here are a million posts on how to remove those decals. Ain't the search button amazing

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?ac...hlite=knee+pads
[snapback]719221[/snapback]​
JUST USE ACETONE ON THEM RUB LIGHTLY THEN GOOD TO GO !!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
methanol takes the label off. Peel the label as you squirt with methanol. Once the white label is off then rub very gently with carb and choke cleaner to remove the stickiness. If you rub to hard you will remove the entire protective film from the pad. If you do this, then you'll have to remove all the film 'cause it will look nasty.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm not sure if it contains Acitone or not but I sprayed the gel type permigasket gasket remover on mine. Thats all I had in the cabinet. Let them set for a minute and wiped them right off. Hit them with some window cleaner then Armorall - good to go. Messy job, the decal gets all gooey. I had tried gun scrubber for cleaning guns but it didn't phase it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts