Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pair of knee pads for my mach and I can't figure out what to use to remove the warning stickers. Anyone have a solution? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,148 Posts
dlittle said:
I just bought a pair of knee pads for my mach and I can't figure out what to use to remove the warning stickers. Anyone have a solution? Thanks
[snapback]280588[/snapback]​
Do a search on this, lots of input. WD-40.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,955 Posts
Blow dryer to pull sticker off and then WD-40 to take off any residue. Then clean and wax for final protection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
MachZ990 said:
Blow dryer to pull sticker off and then WD-40 to take off any residue. Then clean and wax for final protection.
[snapback]280771[/snapback]​
Off Knee pads or hood???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I used acetone- keep rag wet - rub until the decal softens and it will rub off- will not harm the leather. Other guys have used other liquids but this worked well for me on the knee pads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
tladkmachz said:
I used acetone- keep rag wet - rub until the decal softens and it will rub off- will not harm the leather. Other guys have used other liquids but this worked well for me on the knee pads.
[snapback]280824[/snapback]​

WHAT KNEE PADS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ?? THE STICKERS ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT HOOD IN FRONT OF YOUR KNEES? OR SOME OTHER KNEE PADS ?? STICKERS ON THE HOOD USE THE WD-40 TRICK TO GET THE RESEDUE OFF AFTER PEELING THE STICKERS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MEA said:
tladkmachz said:
I used acetone- keep rag wet - rub until the decal softens and it will rub off- will not harm the leather. Other guys have used other liquids but this worked well for me on the knee pads.
[snapback]280824[/snapback]​

WHAT KNEE PADS ARE WE TALKING ABOUT ?? THE STICKERS ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT HOOD IN FRONT OF YOUR KNEES? OR SOME OTHER KNEE PADS ?? STICKERS ON THE HOOD USE THE WD-40 TRICK TO GET THE RESEDUE OFF AFTER PEELING THE STICKERS.

[snapback]280887[/snapback]​
The knee pads I'm referring to are the Ski-Doo knee pads made specifically for the Mach. They fasten to the knee wind deflectors on the back side of the cowl directly on top of the warning stickers. However Ski-Doo was all too kind to place the warning stickers directly on the leather as well. Thanks for your help guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
If you are talking about the big ugly white safety stickers on the cab where your knee pads will go - I used a hair dryer to peel them off. Then varsol to clean the glue residue, then polish. Looks great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
I used lacquer thinner on a soaked rag, doesn't look to good when they first come off but a little Armor-All brings the shine right back. Doo2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Used Brake Clean in green can. Took about 20 minutes to do both.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top