Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a solid oil to premix and was wondering what everyone thought of the Klotz r50 techniplate. Also I popped my 440 and was wondering what type of a mixture of gas/oil you'd suggest to break in the motor?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
In the early 2000's I heard a lot about R50 (all good). I don't hear anything anymore about it. Not sure why, but probably because there are many more choices today. Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure if it is good or bad. The Techniplate did not work well for me, but that's just me.

If you are looking for an excellent oil with great lubricity and very good cleanliness, you should check out Red Line High Performance Two-Cycle Oil. Not to be confused with Red Line snowmobile oil. The High Performance stuff is very, very good. About $42 per gallon...a touch expensive, but I will bet it is cheaper than R50.

For break-in, I would use a minerial based oil....like BRP or anything similar. A couple of gallons (of gas and oil mixed) should more than do the trick.

Good luck.
Tw

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
SLEEP131MXZX said:
Looking for a solid oil to premix and was wondering what everyone thought of the Klotz r50 techniplate. Also I popped my 440 and was wondering what type of a mixture of gas/oil you'd suggest to break in the motor?
[snapback]704923[/snapback]​
I premixed with Super Techniplate for 2-3 years at 40:1 with out a problem, no plug fouling at all. I did a re-ring at about 1500 miles if I remember correctly and cylinders looked great and RAVE valves where surprisingly clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts