Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
MXZ_nut said:
who uses them, likes????? dislikes????
[snapback]264807[/snapback]​
Use it, like it very much, but you will soon hear from the "oil Experts" that it is not the oil to use in a rotax. A buddy of mine turned me on to it a few years back, He used Klotz in his 99 Mach Z and put on just over 15,000 Miles on it with Klotz in it when new, Zero engine issues. Clean raves, No Smoke, and pleasent Smell. Had just over 2300 miles on my 04 rev, No problems, Just picked up my 05 rev today, and the oil tank is filled with Klotz Techniplate.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i use AMSOIL injection oil, but KLOTZ chaincase oil. you know the one wiwth the graphite in it. it seems slippery as snot . I just changed to it and you will know if it causes any problems with my new gears or chain!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I use xps ll injection oil and klotz chaincase oil. Klotz chaincase oil is cheaper than ski-doo s and sticks to the chain and gears better.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think klotz smells funny. Friend of mine used all the time and he swears that it gave him a headache from the smell.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I love klotz and love the smell, beefcake887 Klotz smells alot like the exhaust from the car in your avatar. But as much as I like it it also makes me sick to my stomach to be around the stink for more than a few minutes. Im a huge fan of Torco oil, priced similarly to most other synthetics its a high quality smokeless oil.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I like the smell of it, and like a few others have said, it reminds me of the smell of racing fuel too. I can still remember the smell running Turbo Blue 118 octane gas while running a CJ-5 in mub bogs.

REVBob

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
For the 440 side of it, they dont like it. Many have swithed from using Klotz because it was the culprit of their fouled plugs. Onced switched, no more fouled plugs. Its all personal preference....I personally use Amsoil...smells good and WORKS good...I saw about a 6hp increase...lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
KLOTZ... the smell is awesome... the cost is HIGH... you will never find an oil that fouls plugs more at a higher cost... i switched to AMSOIL... $5.00 a quart for synthetic oil... life is good!!! they also make a synthetic chain case oil... in my humble opinion AMSOIL is the only way to go great quality, low price & no fouling plugs...

·
Registered
887 Posts
The whole family uses KLOTZ, works awesome IMO, RAVES are clean as a whistle, smells nice, use their chaincaes lube too and it all but eliminated the metal on my magnet. For those of you fouling plugs I think you should look elsewhere I haven't fouled a plug in 2500 miles of rideing, there is 6000, 5000, and 5000 miles on the other sleds in the family and can think of maybe 2 or 3 plugs fouled between them and that was a wire issue
. At $19/gallon + shipping it is a pretty good price too ([email protected])

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
dbenney said:
i use AMSOIL injection oil, but KLOTZ chaincase oil. you know the one wiwth the graphite in it. it seems slippery as snot . I just changed to it and you will know if it causes any problems with my new gears or chain!
[snapback]264864[/snapback]​
I have Klotz chaincase oil in all 4 of my Doo's No problems since 2001. I also ran Klotz injection oil in all my sleds but could only get it at a reasonable price in Mn. and the shipping was a pain as i live in NY. I switched to Amsoil Interceptor last year.. No problems so far.. Both are great products IMO but I would run Klotz if I could get it easier, and I am an Amsoil dealer.

Evel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts