Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for some goggles. Paid a visit to Ecklund Motorsports and saw that they had liquidated pricing on their 509 Sinister X5's and the Klim Radius. I bought the the Klim Radius with Blue tint lense.

Should have done some research first instead of after. I see that some people are disappointed in them because they still fog, despite the claim for Klim that these goggles don't fog. Are these goggles junk?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I don't think there is any such thing as a 100% "fog proof" goggle or lens, as it is so dependent on weather conditions, like relative humidity. Some type of breath deflector will go a long way towards preventing fogging. Also, letting the goggle adjust to the ambient outside temp before putting them on helps a lot.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Didnt like the Klims's.

Like the 509s much better. Castle for the price work very good as well.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I've used my $129.00 polorized klim goggles one time...they suck!..the face foam is to thin so they don't seal to my face..and they don't even fit my klim helmet... gaps all over...junk!......sorry just had to vent!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goggles aren't the only culprit when your goggles fog. You have to look at your entire clothing

system choices in order to prevent fogging. You need to wear

very breathable outerwear. Old goretex does not breath well. Some generic brands of fabric do

not work well. Hardshell jackets do not breath well*. The next issue is going to be what is

on your head. Approx 50% of your body's heat is either retained or released

on top of your head. If you have a balaclava and then a tight helmet. You are

trapping a tremendous amount of heat and moisture. Your goggles will fog.

Finally you need good googles. Not necessarily expensive. But they need

to have a double lens and good venting. I have had very good luck

with both Smith and Zeal. I have bought both through geartrade . com and ended

up with $300 retail goggles for under $100.

This is the best you can do for preventing fogging. If you trap heat and

moisture inside your clothing and on top of your head, you will fog goggles.

*Hardshell jackets either get the waterproof breathable PTFE (ePTFE, PU hydrophobic, etc) pores blocked by dead skin, oil and dirt through tricot backing. Or, if the wbm is sandwiched between layers of insulation and polyester

lining, it is not going to breath well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I really like the Scott Hustle goggles much more than my Klim Radius Pro. As said above, the Klim seem more prone to fogging & icing. And the don't even fit the Klim helmet. Lots of gap. The Scott fit much better.

·
It's me!
718 Posts
I LOVE my Klim goggles. Got a set last year and have had great success with them. To answer your first question, yes you definitely could have done more research... but sooner or later you would have had to make a decision. And to answer your second question, no, they are not junk. Klim's claims about the goggles are very accurate and they are worth the money. Great choice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts