Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK crew, which would you buy for your Renegade with TS skis? Is there any difference or are they about the same?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I know that Rouski makes one just for the TS..not sure of rollerski. I have pilots 5.7 and rouski on my 1200 Gade. My wifes GT has the smaller rollerski. I find the rouski is larger and I have broken both springs in 2 different years from coming off large jumps and slamming down,, the weight of the wheel being so high above the fulcrum allowed the wheel to hit the snow, the spring broke and the wheel ended up in the down position causing a near crash similar to blowing out a front tire.
The rollerski are much smaller and much closer to the fulcrum, so they would never slam down in a large drop out. I like my rouskis though, but if I had to get another set for mine, I would get the rollerski.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ive been using the Rollerski on my TS skis for the past 2 years now and they have been great. I love that they retract automatically when you’re back on snow and if one or both doesn’t retract then a quick lean and lift on the bars on each side of the sled to raise the ski off the snow will brings them back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm leaning towards the Rollerski. Now if they're ever are in stock I can order them.

Another deciding factor is the price. They both list for about the same price, but I can get the Rouski at a discount from Dennis Kirk. Any suggestions on where to purchase the Rollerski?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm leaning towards the Rollerski. Now if they're ever are in stock I can order them.

Another deciding factor is the price. They both list for about the same price, but I can get the Rouski at a discount from Dennis Kirk. Any suggestions on where to purchase the Rollerski?
Check with Peakboys.ca
Promo code 3sixtynorth may still work to get 5% off

Snowmobile - Peakboys

·
Registered
28 Posts
We ran the Rouski ski wheels on the BRP sleds up to 2012. We switched to Rollerski on all 6 new sleds (flipped to Yamaha in 2010-2012 - for the 4 strokes).Hadn't had a failure ever of the Rollerski. Balance point much better, with the bolt going thru the pintle on the Rollerski. I have the TS ski on the new REN X, still undecided on installing a wheel, but if I do, it will be the Rollerski. This years week long trip is early Feb in Quebec, gas stations should be mostly snow covered.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know that Rouski makes one just for the TS..not sure of rollerski. I have pilots 5.7 and rouski on my 1200 Gade. My wifes GT has the smaller rollerski. I find the rouski is larger and I have broken both springs in 2 different years from coming off large jumps and slamming down,, the weight of the wheel being so high above the fulcrum allowed the wheel to hit the snow, the spring broke and the wheel ended up in the down position causing a near crash similar to blowing out a front tire.
The rollerski are much smaller and much closer to the fulcrum, so they would never slam down in a large drop out. I like my rouskis though, but if I had to get another set for mine, I would get the rollerski.

Same thing happened to me, Rouskis came off after it happened twice. I do miss them at gas stations but learned to live without them. Also found the steering was lighter without them

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Qualipieces puts the Q back into Quality. I use there carbides and ice scratches which are the best there ice scratchers are in there own league. I will be using rollerski wheels and that is that.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Qualipieces puts the Q back into Quality. I use there carbides and ice scratches which are the best there ice scratchers are in there own league. I will be using rollerski wheels and that is that.
Where in Canada can I get then from, I'm in Ontario, looking for Qualipieces Rollerski ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts