Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I miss Montana!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one use the Kimpex Reed Cage Mount from Dennis Kirk? My reeds still look good, but will need new reed boots for this season. I would get a set of V force or Boyesen, but I'm not sure if I want to sell the sled before the season starts and take the money to try and find a 800 X-RS that someone backed out of.

Kimpex Reed Cage Mount

I did a search, but it unfortunately didn't come up with much.

·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
for $20 bucks you cant go wrong, just keep an eye on them,,,, hate to see the sled pop due to bad/new carb boots cracked halfway though the first season lol,,,,,,a new xrs would come with new boots on it,,,go that route

·
Registered
996 Posts
for $20 bucks you cant go wrong, just keep an eye on them,,,, hate to see the sled pop due to bad/new carb boots cracked halfway though the first season lol,,,,,,a new xrs would come with new boots on it,,,go that route
Like you said keep a eye on them. They are Kimpex in the end. I have not used these boots for your model/style of sled but have used them on other models and I only could hope they don't crack as soon as they did. Think Oem boots crack too soon...lol

·
I miss Montana!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like you said keep a eye on them. They are Kimpex in the end. I have not used these boots for your model/style of sled but have used them on other models and I only could hope they don't crack as soon as they did. Think Oem boots crack too soon...lol
Did they last a season at least? I want the sled to run good weather I keep it or not.

·
I miss Montana!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a set from Denniskirk.com, they appear to be solid and should last a little while. They do feel like they are made out of a harder compound rubber compared to the stock boots, but at least they don't have holes in them. Without any miles on them I would recommend them as a good alternative for those of us who don't want to spend a fortune on factory replacements or aftermarket reeds. I will try to remember to update the results if I keep the sled.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Ran them for 3 seasons on my 500ss and still looked good when I sold them with the engine.

I've got a brand new set now to put on my Ptek, if needed, for the price, one can replace them yearly much cheaper then the junk from BRP.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
We have been selling them for a few years now with good results. You still need to keep an eye on them (just like OEM), but the price is right compared to OEM.

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
I have a set on my '04 500ss. Put them on last season, still look good. Should be good for at least a season. I think I paid around $50 for the pair of them.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Good to know, I think I'll order a pair for my sled, to keep on the save side of having a back-up set from my original stock set already installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts