Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's called a snowfox - any one try one of these out?

Click here - SNOW FOX

How did it work? Overall or specifics are appriciated.

Thanks,

D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Looks like a piece of crap! No way that will go through 2" of snow. Remember the old kitty kats that got stuck in 2". That thing has no width or length of track for flotation. Also look at the way all the drive system is exposed... wouldn't want a youngster falling off while it is moving accidentally. Stick with the Mini Z or any of the newer (6yrs) minis. You will get as much out of them after 3 or 4 years of riding as you bought it for!

My 2 cents

·
Registered
219 Posts
cant find it right now but saw a video some guy posted and he was so proud of it then they started to ride it...what a joke....had full size guy on it and it was 'cruising' at about 2.5 miles per hour and got hung up in a snowflake....

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
A guy just down the street from me is selling a kitty cat. You never really said if you are interested in buying one .. but figured I'd throw this out there. If you want the number, let me know .. I can pass it along tomorrow. Even the cat looks better than that thing

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reverand said:
A guy just down the street from me is selling a kitty cat. You never really said if you are interested in buying one .. but figured I'd throw this out there. If you want the number, let me know .. I can pass it along tomorrow. Even the cat looks better than that thing

[snapback]690475[/snapback]​
Thanks Reverand for the offer. I'm not ready to buy yet, probably in summer or fall if I think my little one will be big enough.

Dave

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree about the exposed chain - but that can be fixed.

Here's a demo video I found and it seemed okay.

I don't see it replacing the 120cc mini-z's etc just prior step to it - maybe.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Oh boy, I had a dream that Canadian Tire was selling Chinese snowmobiles to go with the Chinese mini bikes and atvs they already carry. Looks like my dream will soon come true, or should I say nightmare! What a waste of steel or tin or lead or what ever it's made of.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ih302 said:
What a waste of steel or tin or lead or what ever it's made of.
[snapback]690670[/snapback]​
Is that from personal experience?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
dslater said:
ih302 said:
What a waste of steel or tin or lead or what ever it's made of.
[snapback]690670[/snapback]​
Is that from personal experience?
[snapback]690692[/snapback]​
Well no, but it sure looks to be the same grade of crap that CT sells. I wouldn't bet on that thing surviving one winter without that fan belt & pulley excuse for a track on the back bending over to meet the handlebars.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
dslater said:

Click here - SNOW FOX

Thanks,

D
[snapback]690413[/snapback]​
Guy I know who owns a clone powersports dealer in MA bought one and tried it out. His impressions were that it's a one or two season yard toy. Ran good, but wasn't built to last 16 years like a sno scoot. I'd buy a SnoScoot or a yammie Bravo, etc and you'll have something that will last and you'll get your money back when you sell it.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
biggziff said:
dslater said:

Click here - SNOW FOX

Thanks,

D
[snapback]690413[/snapback]​
Guy I know who owns a clone powersports dealer in MA bought one and tried it out. His impressions were that it's a one or two season yard toy. Ran good, but wasn't built to last 16 years like a sno scoot. I'd buy a SnoScoot or a yammie Bravo, etc and you'll have something that will last and you'll get your money back when you sell it.
[snapback]691081[/snapback]​
Exactly what I was trying to get at.

·
Registered
683 Posts
steve said:
Buy a sno scoot , had one for my kids ,that thing lasted for years got along pretty good to .

[snapback]691548[/snapback]​
Take a Gander at this (click)

I think I have a whole new respect for Sno Scoots. I think its a bit too big and powerful for my little ones very first sled though. Will still definitely keep my eye out for a deal on one for when she is ready.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
dslater said:
steve said:
Buy a sno scoot , had one for my kids ,that thing lasted for years got along pretty good to .

[snapback]691548[/snapback]​
Take a Gander at this (click)

I think I have a whole new respect for Sno Scoots. I think its a bit too big and powerful for my little ones very first sled though. Will still definitely keep my eye out for a deal on one for when she is ready.
[snapback]692164[/snapback]​
funny video ...

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
How very haunting. They are the ugliest little thing I have ever seen. Yet I couldnt take my eyes off it.
I dont think we would put our girls on one of these things. Freaky little contraption

·
Registered
683 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
How very haunting. They are the ugliest little thing I have ever seen. Yet I couldnt take my eyes off it.
I dont think we would put our girls on one of these things. Freaky little contraption
[snapback]692181[/snapback]​
If it's the Sno-Scoot your referring to - Ugly...yeah. Cool... hell yeah.

I do think it's the closest riding position to a Rev - ride forward. I also think it's well designed and safe (everything guarded well).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dslater said:
Ugly...yeah. Cool... hell yeah.

I do think it's the closest riding position to a Rev - ride forward. I also think it's well designed and safe (everything guarded well).
[snapback]692219[/snapback]​
I'm bettin they get stuck way less than the 120-z's etc as well. I know I had to pull my nephews little Mini-z out too many times.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Here;s what happens when you tone them down a little and put a 7 & 8 year old on them..

http://www.av8r.org/vids/scoot.wmv

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
biggziff said:
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Here;s what happens when you tone them down a little and put a 7 & 8 year old on them..

http://www.av8r.org/vids/scoot.wmv
[snapback]692233[/snapback]​
Biggziff,

That was a great clip. I'm going to show it to my wife - she'll love it.

Were you lucky enough to scoop those two units off of XTREME1 last fall. I think I'll have to start looking for one pretty soon if I want to find a good deal on one within the next couple of years.

Dave.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.