Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,i have a question for everyones opinion. My little fellow has outgrown his mini z and I'm looking to pick up a new sled for him.

What is everyones thoughts here. I'm looking/thinking about a yamaha 250 or a 300 et,or the Ski-Doo citation with a 250/300 in it. I don't want a Polaris or a Cat and cant afford at this time to get a Freeride 300 although thats what I would like to get him.

He is 9yrs old and a big boy, he's been riding his minis for 5yrs But doesn't get to ride alot.

What do you all think of these sleds----pros and cons

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
When my son got to that point I found him a Yamaha bravo it was a perfect in between sled and it was surprisingly tough my son beat on it for 2 seasons I sold it to a friend who kids got 5 or 6 more seasons out of it

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
How about a 380 fan Rev. Limit the top speed then gradually give him a little more as he progresses. You say he's a big 9 y/o maybe that's an option if you feel he can handle a de-tuned full size sled

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i was looking to spend around $1000/1500 cdn which would be like ................$25 US

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KB--I would love to find him a 380 and do what you were saying but they are pricy so I may have to wait for that. My boy is 9yrs old an is 5' tall

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Just me but I would lean towards the 380 rev its a full size and he'll have a easier time getting used to whatever you put him on a few years from now. Pretty big leap from a old bravo or citation to today's chassis

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes that freestyle 300 was a thought also but they are like finding hens teeth and are worth alot when you do find them

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Bravo is not the same as the Enticers. Bravo is 250 single cylinder, Enticers had several models from 300 to 400 as I recall all twin cylinder. The 500's and 600's are too fast for the kids coming off a 120 mini. I made the jump to the Yamaha Excell III 340 twin. That is a perfect kids sled, not too fast and not too slow. You can buy a new Bravo and it's more of a utility sled. I just upgraded to a Rev for them and do have the Excell if interested. It's restored with 35 miles on a brand new motor, 1900 miles and in Wisconsin. In any case that's the model I went to, any of the older yamahas were and still are great little machines for kids. They can't really do deep snow the old sleds struggle there, on trails they work well. Boggie wheels require little maintenance and run through all kinds of conditions....

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Not sure what your budget is I've seen 380's from $1200-$2500 I think there was a pair of low mileage 380's in the Holland MI. Area a few weeks back for $3500

·
Mach Z club
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
K-B that would be a good deal ---1200/2500 but 3500us would be to much. I'm in Canada so that would be about 5000 by the time I got it home

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
That was $3500 for 2 380's. Oh yeah to get them to land of eh that would cost ya more. There's gotta be someone in Canada that's got something. Here's another thought for you Whitestar auction in Bronson Michigan always has buyers and sellers from all over the US and Canada

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree the bravo is a great little sled. Another one you may want to consider would be a phaser. Probably too much motor for his age right now, but a throttle stop can keep the power down. Plus, as he gets older, you can slowly let him have more throttle. The phaser is a bit bigger than the bravo, but still a fairly small framed snowmobile. But the bravo would be lighter and easier for him to handle now.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I believe the bravo was just a re badged enticer enticer s as I recall had 250-400 cc motors. I don't recall ever seeing a bravo with anything over a 250

1 - 20 of 35 Posts