Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Good, and I had the opportunity to participate in the Kelly Shires Snow Run from Deerhurst Resort Hunstville. This was the 7th year this run has taken place. There were 222 women riders and raised over $260 000, for women with Breast Cancer.

It's an amazing experience, if any women are close to the area, it might be something you may want to participate in for next year.

Here we are waiting to pick up Good, we have a 3 hour drive ahead of us! Myself, Good and a friend piled into the front seat of my truck. Think about it, 3 women going away for the weekend, the back seat was piled high to the roof!!

This is what the parking lot looked like Saturday morning.

This team was called the Hooter Haulers!! Let me tell you, they hall a$$!! We rode with them last year. The girl we brought with us this year was inexperienced so we didn't feel a need to be dragging her out of the rhubarb, so we stuck with the Dream Team!

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here we are getting ready to ride!!

Shots on the trail!

This was our Dream Team!!

Banquet Dinner Sat. night!

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
After a great 2 days, it was time to load up and drive home, we had about 20 cm of snow that had fallen the night before!
For those of you wondering, we unloaded and loaded our sleds with out any help from the men, although, there were lots of offers to help we just smiled and said "Thanks, but we'll manage!!" They asked how we'd get the sled off the back of the truck we told them "Watch and learn!!" they did!!

Getting ready to leave!!

The highways were snow covered, my 11 1/2 years of driving ambulances paid off!

We got stopped by a train on the highway for 1/2 hr, it wasn't moving at all.

So all in all it was an awesome weekend, supporting a great cause! Although the trails were soft and rough! Which I didn't notice too much while driving my Rev! Man, did I pity the girls riding anything but a Rev!

I don't know how many times I said to myself "I love my sled!!" After the ride I thought I could probably qualify for the Snow Cross Circuit, god knows I drove like a racer, one thing I learned the faster you go over the bumps the better it is!

Met some great people and had a blast!!!

Evil

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WINTER RULES! said:
Awesome Pics!!!!

Looks like ya had blast. A lot of smart riders out there drivin DOO EH!

[snapback]708333[/snapback]​
We did have a blast! I think after the trails being as rough as they were, you might see a lot more ladies driving Doo!!!

It was funny to listen to the non-doo riders talking about their sore back, legs..................I said, "Why you so sore, were the trails rough?
"

The revs eat the bumps, it was awesome!!

Evil

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Evil we came up 95 and i just wondered if your ride still went down 95 and if you did how did you guys make out at the open hole at the swamp. -- Bill

·
Guess Who's Back
22 RENEGADE XRS 850 YEAHHHH
1,731 Posts
We rode those trails that Friday and saw the signs, those were some tight twisty trails. We were at the drags all day saturday at Bay of Lakes Portage area. I guess we should have went to Deerhurst on saturday night! Bummer
Nice pictures!

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cudney Racing said:
Evil we came up 95 and i just wondered if your ride still went down 95 and if you did how did you guys make out at the open hole at the swamp. -- Bill
[snapback]708369[/snapback]​
Hey Bill

How's the new x seat working for you? It was Mr. Evil's seat!

The first group that went turned around, made some phone calls to reroute the other groups! So we never ended up going that way!

The trails were pretty soft but lots of fun to ride on the new Rev.

Evil

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gade girl said:
Hey Evil, Mind if I get my pic in here too
I was hoping you would post some Blue!! Great pics, going to have to get riding together!!

Evil

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Omg Thats really Awesome! Wish I was closer.

Maybe have to see about getting something like that organized out here.
Looks like it was a really great time!

Good Job Ladies!

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
As usual you girls are doing a great job!!

I am very proud to have met you on DooTalk Good and Evil and very proud to have you in the sisterhood!!

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Omg Thats really Awesome! Wish I was closer.

Maybe have to see about getting something like that organized out here.
Looks like it was a really great time!

Good Job Ladies!

[snapback]709007[/snapback]​
Thanks FAN GIRL
It was a great experience, can't wait till next year!!

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
The Gals here in Michigan are running their For Woman Only this weekend... Tales should be good come Monday.
Congrats Ladies!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts