Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2003 mxz adrenaline 600H.O., and I love to hit the trails hard and fly off jumps etc. Who doesn't, right? It only has 1100 miles, and only has picks and riser for aftermarket adds. Never owned anything bigger than a 600. From those with experience should I trade for an 02 mxzx 800 with a riser and dynoport can? Does the x package really make the sled better for pounding the trails? Thanx...

·
Registered
170 Posts
The 03's have benefits: tra-3 primary, hpv27vsa secondary, vr rear shock , surlyn hoods on the solid color ones. saves around 5lbs. Throttle block controls for hand/thumbwarmer. new gauges. I have an 03 adrenaline with 6000 HARD miles on it. I jump it hard. pound the rough trails(vr shock is awesome in the stutter bumps) It's an all around solid sled. Thats all with a 260lb 6'-8" rider on it.

·
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the 02 800x has just over 2000 miles on it, and the 03 600ho has almost 1300 miles now. looking into the values of the sleds, its going to cost about $1000 to get the older sled. is the suspension setup really worth the money?

or should i wait til i get some more extra cash and get a rev? i like the looks of the rev, and all i've heard about the revs is they are awesome. the question may have changed to -- would a rev be the better path to follow?

thanks guys, all input is awesome

·
16,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, i think im going to sit on the 600HO for now and wait to try and get a rev.

the only guy i really tool around with has a mach z which is stock for the most part except a little clutch tuning. never had much luck beating him, and in my budget probably never will, oh well.

thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
kav said:
I would keep what you have or wait to trade up to a rev, that 600 ho you have is almost as fast as the 02 800's!!

[snapback]707984[/snapback]​
im sorry buddy... but do u sleep alright at night???
i don't think so.... i had an 02 mxz x 800 and it walked right by all the 600 HO's. i still have the same sled and everything but with the 04 800 HO motor that has been ported and has dome head inserts and i put a specialized Goodwin Performance Clutch Kit in it... and to be honest with ya... i wouldn't want any other sled!!!! now i FLY BY all the sleds that even think there fast... and also i think they ride better than the REVs b/c i think that riding up close is for the birds... i like to sit back and enjoy my riding without bumping my knees! and i think they take the bumps on the trail just as good and if not better than the REV's

go with the 02 MXZ X 800 if u like the sitting back style of riding better... the x package has an awesome suspension set up in it!!

02 MXZ X 800 H.O. ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
keep the HO and for the 1G difference put the piggy back shocks on it... the HO is a fast sled... if you have seen a 600, 700, 800 line up all at once and see the difference you'd stick with the HO....
you'll save $$ at the pump too!

Check out the classifieds section on here, or other forums or ebay there are always X package shocks for sale.. alot less then buying from dealer...

just my $0.02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.