Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everybody that buys a new sled have to do something to it or is their anyone left that just buys a sled and rides the heck out of it? Don't get me wrong I'm never satisfied with anything even if it is new, I always find something that I want. Was just curious if anyone buys and rides anymore?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Good question.....I'm pretty sure if that person does exsist.........he or she is not hangin' out at DT, SW, or any other forums.

·
Registered
211 Posts
On my 01 summit over seven thousand miles out of the box,03 summit over seven thousand miles out of the box,05 renegade 06,07,08,09,10 out of the box nothing. 09 163 added vents and reinforcement to skid. Still riding 10 renegade and 09 summit.Plus I'm on DT. Must be the person that doesn't exist.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Uh...I changed my clickers and adjusted my limiter strap. Does that disqualify me? I feel absolutey no need to mod it beyond those adjustments. I have never run out of power. But then again...I don't feel a need to be the first one to the top. I like to enjoy the trip and watch the backs of the guys I ride with.

Nate

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My sleds are always bone stock. dont mod em, never felt the need. always start and run good. have very few problems compared to those who are always tweeking on things. aI am a believer in if I need more power, i'll get a bigger badder stock sled. I currently run an 07 800R Summit X 144. Love it. Gets me places i dont belong. Got the Wife an 09 BCX 600 E Tech. awesome sled.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that makes me feel pretty good. I had a 04 summit 800 144" that I modded the heck out of and was always tweaking it, then a 05 summit x 800 144" that I changed to a 151 and then modded the heck out of it, I had a 03 summit x 800 that was lightly modded and loved that machine. Now I have a back up sled 2002 summit 700 that besides risers is stock and love it alot. Now I have a 2012 summit 154" on order and was thinking I will just leave this one stock cause I sure love ridin instead of tinkering all the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now I have a 2012 summit 154" on order and was thinking I will just leave this one stock cause I sure love ridin instead of tinkering all the time.
I also ordered a 2012 154" X. The only thing that I will be doing is dumping the stock muffler and all of its associated weight and put a couple of storage bags on it and a muff pot.
Ooops I just disqualified myself.
Really the sleds are so capable now, you dont "need" to do anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts