Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
First thing I doo at work on Monday is schedule Tuesday & Wednesday off.
Snow forecasted for Monday and Tuesday!

The mountains are dooing everything they can to fight off the summer time blues.

Going out riding real soon, with camera this time for sure.

All I can say now is, "
"

Issued by The National Weather Service
Sacramento, CA
4:32 am PDT, Sun., May. 16, 2010

... UNSETTLED AND COOLER WEATHER TO RETURN TO THE INTERIOR OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA MONDAY...

AFTER SEVERAL PLEASANT SPRING WEATHER DAYS OVER INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA... COOL AND SHOWERY WEATHER IS FORECAST TO RETURN TO THE AREA ON MONDAY.

SNOW LEVELS WILL START ABOVE 7000 FEET MONDAY MORNING BUT WILL GRADUALLY LOWER DURING THE DAY TO AROUND 6000 FEET... RESULTING IN SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW ON ROADWAYS. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL SHOULD OCCUR DURING THE AFTERNOON THROUGH EARLY EVENING HOURS. THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS COULD SEE UP TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW WITH THIS SYSTEM WITH 3 TO 6 INCHES BELOW PASS LEVELS.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wish I live by you so bad thats really cool I wanna move there you get the best of both worlds nice beachs and moutain riding into june probley

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put in the time off request.

Hopefully I know if I'm going shortly.

I know its going have some fresh snow. A lot of states are going to get some snow.
View attachment 191459

I'm going to go ride 15 - 20 miles from this location:
http://www.kirkwood.com/pages/themountain/webcam.asp
Last I checked it had some light snow coming down.
But they've down graded the snow amounts:
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 6 INCHES AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

This has got to be the last snow fall. If not, I think its time to sell the quads.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Just put in the time off request.

Hopefully I know if I'm going shortly.

I know its going have some fresh snow. A lot of states are going to get some snow.
View attachment 191459

I'm going to go ride 15 - 20 miles from this location:
http://www.kirkwood.com/pages/themountain/webcam.asp
Last I checked it had some light snow coming down.
But they've down graded the snow amounts:
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 6 INCHES AT THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.

This has got to be the last snow fall. If not, I think its time to sell the quads.
cool . i`m in the 1-3" range . keep it coming !!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool . i`m in the 1-3" range . keep it coming !!
That's what we got, 2-3" last night. It just didn't come down and didn't get cold enough.

I'm going to a different place now, haven't been there in a couple of years. Buddy has my parking permit, probably end up with a ticket today. Couldn't get a hold of him. Taking the back roads, be back with pictures in about 10 hours.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's what we got, 2-3" last night. It just didn't come down and didn't get cold enough.

I'm going to a different place now, haven't been there in a couple of years. Buddy has my parking permit, probably end up with a ticket today. Couldn't get a hold of him. Taking the back roads, be back with pictures in about 10 hours.
Your so freakin lucky!!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
OH the naughty things i would do to go riding this week!

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Parking Lot at 6700 feet was empty, it was empty when I got back. I was the only one in the Mountains today with a sled. Someone got there ahead of me and did donuts though. It was nice riding alone for a change. I'll post up a few more video later on tonight to show snow depth and trail conditions. Pretty incredible still and considering it didn't snow, I thought it was great.

View attachment 191504
View attachment 191505

I documented the sled's 2000th mile today.

Not sure if you can see it, but it read 2000.0
Finally! She's broke in.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took at least a dozen videos with my hand out the window. This was the last one I took on the way home. If you want to see more of the drive up or back let me know and I post them up.

I pulled over and picked some flowers for the wife and put them on the Sound System Cabinet in front of the Plasma. Since it was blocking some of the TV, I knew she'd have to notice. Yes, I know, I'm not much of a flower arranger. The hard part was finding where the vases were.
View attachment 191508

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Was suppose to go today, but friend lost the battle with his wife. Maybe he should start taking some time to pick some flowers.

Its nearly 10Am and now I'm thinking I'll just stay home. According to the weather folks, winter still lives in the high ground. So maybe this weekend, I'll give it another go.

Issued by The National Weather Service
Sacramento, CA
4:34 am PDT, Wed., May. 19, 2010

... MORE HIGH ELEVATION SNOW POSSIBLE TONIGHT...

A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH INTERIOR NORTHERN CALIFORNIA THIS AFTERNOON AND THIS EVENING. THE FRONT WILL BRING GENERALLY LIGHT PRECIPITATION WITH SOME HIGH ELEVATION SNOW. SNOW LEVELS INITIALLY THIS AFTERNOON WILL BE AROUND 8000 FEET OR HIGHER BUT WILL LOWER TO AROUND 6000 TO 7000 FEET OVER THE MOUNTAINS OF SHASTA COUNTY THIS EVENING AND REMAIN ABOVE 7500 FEET IN THE NORTHERN SIERRA OVERNIGHT. SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE LATER THIS AFTERNOON AND THIS EVENING OVER THE HIGHER MOUNTAIN PEAKS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND ALONG THE CREST OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA.

And to think, I use to hate everything about this State. I'm starting to think it can hang with Alaska, B.C. and Colorado when it comes to snow and the their massive areas to ride on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts