Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just stripped one of the 3 Allen screws on the plate that houses the mag side crank seal. Would using reverse/ left hand drill bit be the best way to go about this one. I really really don't want to f up the threads to the case and have to rip this thing apart again. Any input would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is it completely stripped? Or have a little left? Give it a couple hits with a hammer, that loosened mine right up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
cut a small slot into it with a dremel tool amd use a flat screwdriver...the heat from making the groove will also help loosen it up a bit

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried tapping it with a hammer and no go. Its completely rounded out now. And I can't get in there with my dremel to cut a slot its to tight

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,361 Posts
try an easy out. (Screw extractor)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm going to go buy an easy out kit at sears in a few and hope to hell I don't make this any worse than it is. All because forgot to put the o-ring gasket behind the plate then realized it after I finished the rest of the motor. Should have had this thing in the sled and running by now

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen easy outs used but generally on larger stripped/ broken studs but this one is pretty tiny and there isn't much forgiveness for error so I'm a little nervous

·
Registered
387 Posts
use a Phillips screw driver you don't give a hoot about and a hammer hit the screw driver into it a few times and push in hard and twist out works for me every time literally did the same thing not that long ago

·
Registered
200 Posts
use a Phillips screw driver you don't give a hoot about and a hammer hit the screw driver into it a few times and push in hard and twist out works for me every time literally did the same thing not that long ago

Reactions: Taaviw126

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the bugger.. the first easy out I used sheared off insde my hole within 2 sec of drilling so after an hour of getting that out I went back to the torx screw driver method and whaled that thing in there and it finally popped loose thank God!! Got new hardware and the motor back together hopfuly have it in the sled tomorrow ready for start up. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use triple square torx. Never failed me. I also give bolts a little heat when I feel that they are not willing to come out easely. Rusty bolts I heat until they turn red and let them cool little bit and out they come.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I do this with an easy out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
x10 with torx...smash them in there and has never failed me yet....and I have removed atleast a hundo stripped allens from idiots not knowing the difference between fitting in the hole and fitting right in the hole....metric- sae throws a loop in that for some....man some ppls kids.....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts