Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it off e-bay for $280.00 dealer stated it was new. When I received it. The helmet was new but I noticed its manufacture date was March 0f 2003

Should I be concerned about it? And I remember reading about updates. Is a 03 helmet new enough to already be updated.
Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
6x6x said:
I bought it off e-bay for $280.00 dealer stated it was new. When I received it. The helmet was new but I noticed its manufacture date was March 0f 2003

Should I be concerned about it? And I remember reading about updates. Is a 03 helmet new enough to already be updated.

[snapback]729198[/snapback]​
Not quite sure when the update was exactly. But all it is, is a new windshield cause the old one would bubble so easily. Go to your dealership and see about getting a new one if it doesnt have one already. I got a new one from a dealership I didnt even buy he helmet at. Also, make sure you get that mouth piece tight around your face otherwise you will not be very happy with it right away.

·
Registered
2013 XR 1200 Renegade X
1,434 Posts
6x6x said:

[snapback]729198[/snapback]​
THERE IS ALSO AN UPDATE ON THE MOUTHPIECE!!

·
Super Moderator
29,712 Posts
It's also a common recommendation to update helmets every 3-5 years because the glues deteriorate over time. I know I won't run a helmet any more than 4 years, safety is too important.

If you subscribe to that theory, then your helmet will be ready for a replacement....ummm, now - or in 2 years, depending on how far you want to push it. Bummer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts