Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
On sunday some friends and I were in frederic at a place they called frederic mountain, I was having a blast, jumping and hillclimbing etc but it kind of got me wondering just how much I can beat my sled until I break something...

There was one hill that I was climbing and jumping at the top, only getting ~4-5 feet of air but it sounded like hell when I was landing. I don't think I bottomed it but it sounded rough. By the way, I was landing on flat ground not a downslope. SO how much can she take?

I do plan on getting all of the 440 braces and stiffer torsion and front springs over the summer but for now I just want to know my limits.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
well with a properly valved and sprung suspension they can take alot, the braces help out a ton for those messed up landing where you land on one ski or bottom out hard.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,214 Posts
fst89lx said:
On sunday some friends and I were in frederic at a place they called frederic mountain, I was having a blast, jumping and hillclimbing etc but it kind of got me wondering just how much I can beat my sled until I break something...

There was one hill that I was climbing and jumping at the top, only getting ~4-5 feet of air but it sounded like hell when I was landing. I don't think I bottomed it but it sounded rough. By the way, I was landing on flat ground not a downslope. SO how much can she take?

I do plan on getting all of the 440 braces and stiffer torsion and front springs over the summer but for now I just want to know my limits.
[snapback]292622[/snapback]​
I've beaten the snot out of my 03 and she's still straight and true. Not insane stuff, but some decent air, hard landings, big g-outs, creek beds at high speeds, etc. I've had all the shocks re-valved and I run the front end springs very stiff (I'm currently running the stiffest dual raters available at near max preload). I personally think hard bottoming over time is the frame killer here. Run her stiff and you're good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts