Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Cool pics.
51 degrees here in Michigan looks like we might be heading somewhere to find snow soon.
The next 7 days are not good either.

·
Registered
2018 850MXZX, 2020 600R TNT, 2011 600 GSX
560 Posts
Very Cool Picture and sled is very cool looking. Nice Job!!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
A friendly warning to those who have never made the trip to ride out west... what you previously thought snowmobiling is all about will be instantly and forever changed.

First time I rode the mountain west I was back in the spring of 1979. Just a year out of high school, I was working as a field test rider at the time, and we were doing our season-end high elevation testing at Rabbit Ears Pass outside of Steamboat Springs Colorado. I had never even been to Colorado prior to that trip, so that was a big eye opener to say the least for a naive kid from rural Minnesota. We were out there for the entire month of May, "factory riders" (as a few of the Steamboat locals referred to us) living large, riding sleds on the corporate dime. Anyway, by the time we headed back to home base, I had firmly made up my mind that I would someday put MPLS in the rear view mirror, and move to the Rocky Mountains. And I've never looked back, or wished I'd made a different choice.

Oh yeah, even if bringing your own sled for the groomers, definitely plan to rent a Summit for at least a day or two. You can't go back home without experiencing the real deal of high elevation, deep powder riding. :righton

·
Registered
648 Posts
Been here all my life and I didn't see ya! :lol: Heading the 74 miles to Island Park on Saturday to get my wifes new sled at the dealer there.

A couple of pictures of our back yard Two Top about 4 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Reactions: DirtFarmer01

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
good snow
Your easy to please, we're off to our worst start since I've been here. With that said, our bad years are better than most peoples good years. Even my little dog's can keep up

Attachments

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
As wwracer said, what we consider to be a 'low snow' year is still far more snow than what most get in other parts of the country.

Here where I'm at, we had an exceptional amount of snow last season, coming off of the previous three winters of basically drought conditions with very little to no snow compared to "normal". Last season snowfall broke some records here. February was crazy...

DSC_0340.JPG

Garage Snow.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts