Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Just got back from Gaylord, Mi

983 views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Teamgreenf7 
#1 ·
Just got back. Stayed in Lakes of the North in Mancelona twp. It was great, atleast 3ft of powder. Spent most of the time off trails playing in the powder heres some pics.

-2002MXZ600

See less See more
#4 ·
I was up there last weekend and the snow was amazing. Can't wait until I can get home from school thursday for my spring break. I'll be riding for a good 8-10 days!!! Glad you had a good time, I love the offtrail stuff by Lakes of the North....There are some huge glacial bowls that are intense climbs around there!!!

#5 ·
I just got back from there too, and the riding was great! We left from Grayling on Saturday and headed to the bridge, then came back and went around the alanson area for the rest of the day. We came back to Gaylord to stay saturday night.

I was up there 2 weeks ago, and they didn't have near the snow they have now. We found some nice powder fields up there too. Crazy weather on Sat snowing hard one minute - then nice and sunny!

#12 ·
Me and Airdoo800X were up thrashing the snow from Kalkaska to Alba on Saturday.

Saw a couple of dootalkers at the Mobil station in Alba.
Other than that we didn't see anyone in the woods.

Pics to come tonight. We had some great carving in untouched fields.

#13 ·
I'll be there this Thursday night......can't wait......

doo I see a dootalker meeting coming?????? Otsego Lake......?

#14 ·
2002MXZ600 said:
And the PACKED gas station...

-2002MXZ600
[snapback]735547[/snapback]​
Ah Yes Grishes, (now Northern Bear), One of our 2 Main Gas fill ups, the other is the Alba Mini Mart. Cabin is about 2 miles From Northern Brar in Lakes of The North. We rode from Alba to Mackinaw City For our Club ride (ACSC) this past weekend. Had Fresh Groomed trails from Mackinaw to Gaylord Sunday Morning.

#16 ·
Rev Kev said:
2002MXZ600 said:
And the PACKED gas station...

-2002MXZ600
[snapback]735547[/snapback]​
Ah Yes Grishes, (now Northern Bear), One of our 2 Main Gas fill ups, the other is the Alba Mini Mart. Cabin is about 2 miles From Northern Brar in Lakes of The North. We rode from Alba to Mackinaw City For our Club ride (ACSC) this past weekend. Had Fresh Groomed trails from Mackinaw to Gaylord Sunday Morning.

[snapback]736654[/snapback]​
Where at in Lakes of the North? We are about a mile or so in off of Mancelona rd. past the stables. We will have to meet and ride sometime.

-2002MXZ600

#24 ·
I was up there last weekend as well, lots of snow, trails were rough tho, but there was quite a bit of traffic too. We rode up to Alba too on saturday, can't say i remember seeing some of your sleds, but I saw a lot so. Heres a few pics of me playing around in the field across the road from our trailer.

And I think we're goin back up for the March 10-12th weekend, anyone else going up then?

Attachments

#25 ·
809mach and I and some other Doo riding friends of ours just got back yesterday from Alanson. We rode to the Mackinaw Bridge friday night. Rode down to Vanderbilt and then circled to the west and back up to Alanson Saturday. On Sunday, we just played around on the lake alittle and then packed up and headed home. The snow was great, but the grooming sucked.
The trails were beat up. Only rode 160 miles and fell off my sled once at about 35-40mph
, other than that it was a pretty good weekend.

BTW, sorry no pics

#26 ·
lilnotts said:
I was up there last weekend as well, lots of snow, trails were rough tho, but there was quite a bit of traffic too. We rode up to Alba too on saturday, can't say i remember seeing some of your sleds, but I saw a lot so. Heres a few pics of me playing around in the field across the road from our trailer.

And I think we're goin back up for the March 10-12th weekend, anyone else going up then?
[snapback]738504[/snapback]​
I'll be up there that weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.