Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back. Stayed in Lakes of the North in Mancelona twp. It was great, atleast 3ft of powder. Spent most of the time off trails playing in the powder heres some pics.

-2002MXZ600

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I was up there last weekend and the snow was amazing. Can't wait until I can get home from school thursday for my spring break. I'll be riding for a good 8-10 days!!! Glad you had a good time, I love the offtrail stuff by Lakes of the North....There are some huge glacial bowls that are intense climbs around there!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just got back from there too, and the riding was great! We left from Grayling on Saturday and headed to the bridge, then came back and went around the alanson area for the rest of the day. We came back to Gaylord to stay saturday night.

I was up there 2 weeks ago, and they didn't have near the snow they have now. We found some nice powder fields up there too. Crazy weather on Sat snowing hard one minute - then nice and sunny!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got back also...it was a great weekend....tons of snow in the feild....

We rode up to indain river then headed to alba and had a great time

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
I was up there Thursday before the heavy traffic had a chance to wreck it all. Best conditions in at least 3 years up there.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Anyone going to be up there next weekend? I will be up for the enitre weekend and then the following weekend. Some in between! Lets ride sometime!

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Me and Airdoo800X were up thrashing the snow from Kalkaska to Alba on Saturday.

Saw a couple of dootalkers at the Mobil station in Alba.
Other than that we didn't see anyone in the woods.

Pics to come tonight. We had some great carving in untouched fields.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I'll be there this Thursday night......can't wait......

doo I see a dootalker meeting coming?????? Otsego Lake......?

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
2002MXZ600 said:
And the PACKED gas station...

-2002MXZ600
[snapback]735547[/snapback]​
Ah Yes Grishes, (now Northern Bear), One of our 2 Main Gas fill ups, the other is the Alba Mini Mart. Cabin is about 2 miles From Northern Brar in Lakes of The North. We rode from Alba to Mackinaw City For our Club ride (ACSC) this past weekend. Had Fresh Groomed trails from Mackinaw to Gaylord Sunday Morning.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
Hmmmmm....I have never ridden to otsego lake before...This could be interesting...let me know time and general area and maybe I can sneak up that way!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rev Kev said:
2002MXZ600 said:
And the PACKED gas station...

-2002MXZ600
[snapback]735547[/snapback]​
Ah Yes Grishes, (now Northern Bear), One of our 2 Main Gas fill ups, the other is the Alba Mini Mart. Cabin is about 2 miles From Northern Brar in Lakes of The North. We rode from Alba to Mackinaw City For our Club ride (ACSC) this past weekend. Had Fresh Groomed trails from Mackinaw to Gaylord Sunday Morning.

[snapback]736654[/snapback]​
Where at in Lakes of the North? We are about a mile or so in off of Mancelona rd. past the stables. We will have to meet and ride sometime.

-2002MXZ600

1 - 20 of 34 Posts