2,449 Posts
92 is the thought!

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
I was misinformed then!

Or I was HAD!

I was told 92 horsepower

Oh well still enough horsies for me to control be it 72!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My next sled will likely be an '06 or '07 MXZx 550. Since I ride in the woods and off-trail most of the time, this should be a fun sled. I think the lightweight is one of the best features.
and you can't beat the dependability of a ROTAX fan cooled motor!

How much weight did the 1.5" track add? Are any special modifications required to fit this track?

Thanks!

·
Registered
901 Posts
we have an 06 550f at are dealership i was looking at it alot besides me being a speed freak it looks like a fun sled to ride around since it's so light and it has good power for trails and whatever else but what type of top speed are you getting out of it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
80 mph isn't a problem, accel gets alittle thin over 75.
I'd think it may hit 90 if the surface was tight (and cold) and you were willing to hold it long enuf.
Has surprising pull and being light it is quite a pleasure to ride.

·
Registered
157 Posts
FJTORT2 said:
nice sled... traded in my 02 zr 600 efi cross country for it... switched out the track... got a 121x 1.5" and getting aaen exhaust and silencer... skid... i want to get it down to 400lbs... how much hp does it have stock?? 70?.. also what other mods should i put on?
[snapback]691736[/snapback]​
i have a ceramic coated aaen can for a 550f for sale if ya want it. sorry for pimping it here but i could save ya a few bucks.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Question.., How much lighter is the 550 than the 800 adren or sport?

·
Registered
260 Posts
MXZ 800 HO- 474 lbs. (dry*)
MXZ 550X- 430 lbs. (dry)
*Keep in mind you have to add some weight for the coolant.

Top speed on mine (on GPS) is 83.9 mph (speedo said 87). I'm sure if you were on smooth ice and it was very cold and you crouch below the windshield, you could be up in the 85-87 range.

·
Super Moderator
31,554 Posts
dooit59180 said:
Top speed on mine (on GPS) is 83.9 mph (speedo said 87). I'm sure if you were on smooth ice and it was very cold and you crouch below the windshield, you could be up in the 85-87 range.
[snapback]695471[/snapback]​
Thats pretty impressive for that sled. I'd love to try one sometime. I think it would be a blast.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
If Im not mistaken Robins had ours to 90 without a problem no he didnt keep it there long.
Friend got it to 92 he said.
These are the things the guys do to my sled when Im not arround.
Ive had it to 84 then I let off....... It was cold out when we did it.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
As with most "Dream O Meters" , the fans reads high by at least 5 mph. I could pull just over 90mph on the speedometer on mine last year under loooong run ideal cold hardpack/icey conditions. BUT the GPS read 84.9. Still a respectable speed for a fan. Under trail running, on snow conditions, you're lucky to get an actual honest 80mph out of it.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Well dang........... you just trampled all over my excitement of going 84mph with my sled......... means I wasnt even doing 80......... what a rip off.........
Im never buying GPS break my heart I tell you.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
*FAN~GIRL* said:
Well dang........... you just trampled all over my excitement of going 84mph with my sled......... means I wasnt even doing 80......... what a rip off.........
Im never buying GPS break my heart I tell you.

[snapback]696207[/snapback]​
HA, ha.
Don't worry, all sleds are like that. When someone tells you how fast their sled is, unless it's GPS or radar, it's not accurate.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Well maybe Ill stick to fishing stories......... It was THIS BIG (insert 6 foot spaces hand signal here)

Sigh........ I really thought I was going fast though. Lets keep this information between you and I though k

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont have an aaen set up yet... running it stock frist with the new track... haven't ridden it yet... but 1.5" will not be a prob... my bro has a 04 summit 550f 136x15x1.5" and it does extremly well... so im just going to gear it like the summit...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.