Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Just Got a New Clear Tank for my 03 600h.o. carb

365 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  akpowderhound
Just picked up the newly released clear tank for my 2003 600h.o. carb rev, Just looking for some tips on installing the pickup and vent lines, The new tank comes with nothing and I need to transfer the fittings, How does the pickup fitting seal and or fasten? Any tips for switching it out would be appreciated. Thanks.
p.s.--> the instructions tell you how to install the tank but say nothing about switching out the pickup and vent lines
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
My pick up line and the vent were the same kind of fitting as my old tank. I just lightly lubed the rubber seal and it slid in with minimal effort.
what part number did you get? just curious. i have had one ordered for three months and it been on back order with no release date.
I'm curious also. I'm in the same boat as RevDog. Been on back order since July
Just picked up the newly released clear tank for my 2003 600h.o. carb rev, Just looking for some tips on installing the pickup and vent lines, The new tank comes with nothing and I need to transfer the fittings, How does the pickup fitting seal and or fasten? Any tips for switching it out would be appreciated. Thanks.
p.s.--> the instructions tell you how to install the tank but say nothing about switching out the pickup and vent lines
is the gas line hole in the new tank located the same as the old tank?? ... i had an issue with my 5 gallon tank .... my coolant hoses were blocking the hole, so i plugged that hole and drilled out a new hole in the corner
It just came in on 10/06/2006, the part # on my tank is (861 302 900)
It just came in on 10/06/2006, the part # on my tank is (861 302 900)
Cool thats the one I need. Mine must not be to far away
Don't the new X-RS sleds come with a clear tank? Probabally a good explanation for the back order.
Yeh mine just came in yesterday. They told me they were released on the 4th from BRP. Fortunately I have only been waiting for 2 weeks. Time is a ticking and the snow is falling!

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.