Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just went up a small camp road down the lake from my house w/ my friend on a 04 f6 and me on a 03 rev 600...i totally dusted him on the ascent...if his firecat had doors on it...those would have been gone too!
i was absolutely positively amazed at how the rev grabbed the corners, like nothing i have ever experienced in off road riding..and cars...etc... UNBELIEVEABLE

·
Registered
347 Posts
to add to that... one my buddies has an 04 F6 and has been braggin' it up. Saying he was taking 600 ho's like nothing. Now my sled isn't stock but its not really modded heavily. With 6" of powder out on the lake, i toasted him by about 8 sled lengths across the pond. I am thinking he has the better top end speed obviously.. but he werent catchin me very quick. It shut him up some quick tho!!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I spanked my brothers piped 02 xc 700 (this 700 has whooped our buddies f7 and pol 800's) with my lightly modded 600ho multiple times over the weekend. At about 80mph he starts to reel me in though. I wasn't expecting this to happen since I know how well this sled runs since it was mine last year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My freind has an 04 F6 and i have a summit 600 ho with a 144 in track and to get up to the moutain where we are riden there is about 20 mi of trail full of bumps and some long flat sections i could kick his a$$ on the bumps and when we got to the flat parts his top end would slowly catch up to me but i still smoked him. by the way his is a 700

·
Registered
17 Posts
my buddy also has an 04 F6 and i am ridin an 04 500ss. with good hard pack on a lake by my cabin we dragged for about a half mile. he only beat me by one sled length. Honest!!! i was vewry impressed!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Those are some bad workin F6's. My brother had an 04 early build and there was no stock Doo/Poo even close, any distance, anywhere. Now he has an 05 F6 and it seems every bit as fast as the last years. We haven't had a chance to line up for a real good go yet but in a couple of roll-ons last week it just ate me. Good to know there sre some sh&% ones out there somewhere, I'll have to try to hunt one of those down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
stock for stock the REV 600 H.O and F6 are equal. With some adjustments one can be faster than the other.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i say stock for stock the F6 has the top end. The rev's just dont carry the topend that the F6's do. But i just like doing short 660'-1000' drags and the rev seems to liek that a lot.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Getting beat, First thing I would do is check compression, on any 03 and newer DOO. 1200 miles rings were trashed, cudney pistons and rings, hot motor 155 after break in, 153-154 1600 miles later, poor performance=low compression, and this is not only my sled. Just something to keep in mind, among other things. The f-6 and doo-6 are very close, just depending on set-up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
journeyjohn said:
stock for stock the REV 600 H.O and F6 are equal. With some adjustments one can be faster than the other.

[snapback]285410[/snapback]​
on my rev 600 i have a dynoport can...no other performance mods (not that a can does much performance good)...his is BONE stock, out of the box. he beats me in the snow b/c of deeper lug track, but on the trail...i have and will continue to SPANK him... ( the can sounds "NASTY" and very throaty, loud but not too loud...everyone i ride w/ agrees that my sled sounds the best hands down).

For all of those about to SPANK (firecats') ....I SALUTE YOU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts