Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got it home.........riding again........

fast litlle buggers arent these..........

anyway it had the ski-doo trail conversion kit done to it.....

350 mains
trail needles
box removed

nailed it and it hit 8500 and stayed there.........

hope to be good............

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ozzy69 said:
make sure the holeshot button is disconnected properly otherwise you'll have the same probs as me. Great to hear you bought one too bad it was not mine.

[snapback]716337[/snapback]​
sorry man.........

how do you make sure the button is diconnected properly

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not trying to be rude but type it into the search....one of the posts has a picture of it under the dash. If you're like me pictures say a thousand words because then you'll know what to look for. You'll have to disconnect it from under the dash to ensure the timing is set for 91 oct gas. Don't learn the hard way, just cost me about $1000 to do new pistons/rings and the left cyl. I think it was because for it's first 1200 miles the holeshot button was connected.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you follow the two wires from the button on the bars down below the guages you'll see that they go into a plug with other wires, I think three orange ones. You'll have to disconnect the the two wires, after pulling the plug, and fill the spots with white plugs. Leave the other three wires in the plug as they are for something else, I think the thumb or hand warmers. Then reconnect the plug and you're done. If you do a search someone really does have a good picture of the actual plug to give you a visual of what you're looking for. Congrats on the new sled.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ozzy69 said:
make sure the holeshot button is disconnected properly otherwise you'll have the same probs as me. Great to hear you bought one too bad it was not mine.

[snapback]716337[/snapback]​
why doo you need to disconnect?

·
Registered
83 Posts
if you're running lc heads and 91 oct gas you'll want it disconnected because it will tell the computer to run the timing at 100oct which will, after time, smoke your motor. This is the only thing I can think of after mine blew so early. The hole shot button has three settings
1. Disconnected timing 91 oct
2. connected but not pressed timing 100 oct
3. connected and pressed timing 108 oct

Hope this helps others avoid costly mistakes. Maybe I'm wrong about why mine blew, but the three different settings are right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts