Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a hell of a deal on a new 05 mach z. Tellme what I schould do & have the dealer do when I pick it up. Such as updates, ecu programing ect. I want to make sure I have done what your guys experience has shown needs to be done.

I now have a mint 98 z for sale. I had it since new, factory reverse,'99 ski's,1 1/4 predator track 1 year old, bovine suspension update coupling skid, low resistense idler kit on skid. Extra passenger seat that hooks on back from skidoo(used for my son). Stator & mpem replaced 2 years ago. All updates done. 300 miles on complete top end rebuild. SPI pistons, rings & pins. Beautiful clean sled I hate to get rid of. 6500 miles. Absolutley no engine problems at all. Just did the top end because of the miles. Spi set up was cheaper than the rings from skidoo. I have the old pistons if you want to see them. Good sled Looking for $2800 or best offer. Let me know Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
call HYGEAR and get all their suspension !!!!!!!!!!!!
then you will be able to ride it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your trails are flat as a table
ckm

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
ckmacey said:
call HYGEAR and get all their suspension !!!!!!!!!!!!
then you will be able to ride it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your trails are flat as a table
ckm
[snapback]705905[/snapback]​
WHAT?

·
Registered
206 Posts
dabreitbach said:
Just got a hell of a deal on a new 05 mach z. Tellme what I schould do & have the dealer do when I pick it up. Such as updates, ecu programing ect. I want to make sure I have done what your guys experience has shown needs to be done.

I now have a mint 98 z for sale. I had it since new, factory reverse,'99 ski's,1 1/4 predator track 1 year old, bovine suspension update coupling skid, low resistense idler kit on skid. Extra passenger seat that hooks on back from skidoo(used for my son). Stator & mpem replaced 2 years ago. All updates done. 300 miles on complete top end rebuild. SPI pistons, rings & pins. Beautiful clean sled I hate to get rid of. 6500 miles. Absolutley no engine problems at all. Just did the top end because of the miles. Spi set up was cheaper than the rings from skidoo. I have the old pistons if you want to see them. Good sled Looking for $2800 or best offer. Let me know Thanks

[snapback]705662[/snapback]​
Make sure the updates are done so your not out of the slip stream on that. Then concentrate on clutching which makes a big difference in the perfromance of this sled.
Definetely want to throw wieght at it as the stock set up pins are hollow and weak.

Also once you have your clutch package in experiment with you RPMs and see what each clicker will do. For this sled sometimes one clicker change can mean 10 MPH no SH$%. It is strange but the truth. So you may think a clutch package your running is bunk but then move the clicker a spot or to and the thing explodes.

RPM peak output for me has been around 7700rpms-7800rpms. Combined a Dynport clutch kit with a sled shop spring with 16.5g and pulled a 114.30 in 1000 feet. That was movin.

Anyway hope that helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't sell your old sled to soon. I picked up a Demo 05 Mach Z three weeks ago and have only been able to ride it 60 miles as I can't keep plugs in it. The reason I'm typing this is that it is in the dealership again so I'm not riding!!!!!! My 01 800 ran great.
Brad

RTRambler said:
dabreitbach said:

[snapback]705662[/snapback]​
Make sure the updates are done so your not out of the slip stream on that. Then concentrate on clutching which makes a big difference in the perfromance of this sled.
Definetely want to throw wieght at it as the stock set up pins are hollow and weak.

Also once you have your clutch package in experiment with you RPMs and see what each clicker will do. For this sled sometimes one clicker change can mean 10 MPH no SH$%. It is strange but the truth. So you may think a clutch package your running is bunk but then move the clicker a spot or to and the thing explodes.

RPM peak output for me has been around 7700rpms-7800rpms. Combined a Dynport clutch kit with a sled shop spring with 16.5g and pulled a 114.30 in 1000 feet. That was movin.

Anyway hope that helps

[snapback]708590[/snapback]​

1 - 9 of 9 Posts