Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well doo talkers!

Here is the scoop.

My 06 500ss was one the sleds that required the ring gear and steering column recall.

So after receiving the recall letters I brought my sled in to be inspected. Dealer gives me the big Ok and my sled is good to go. I ride the sled over 1400 miles and the dealer calls me back in a big panic discontuine the use of the sled need to change the ring gear. OK whats up with that?? So I contacted BRP to advise and see if the recall required the replacement of the ring gear. It appears that my sled needed the ring gear replacement and it was not done the first time around. What the hell ride the sled for 1400 miles after the fact and it needs the ring gear. Ok so don't blow a cork and just get it fixed. Keeping in mind the sled is working perfect!!

Pick up my sled tonight bring it home do the one over and find a serve coolent leak. holly cow!! not my exact words!! So back up to the dealer. The tech comes out scatches his head and says I don't know what the problem is. Also takes the clutch cover off and the shim bolts were falling out of the secondary and missing the nut. OK blind!!

I can understand we all make mistakes but 3 in a row?

I live in northern ontario this has been a bad year for riding. Do the dealers understand the season is only 6-8 weeks this year.

To make my long story short my sleds in the shop and no ridding this weekend.

I will be calling BRP on monday just to discuss the what if!!

So thats my story!!

Watch out!!

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
wonder if it really needed reapair or if the dealer was trying to drum up business in a no snow year...

hate to be that cynical but with some of these dealers it is not out of the question!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts