Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Junk tracks?

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  mikey61786 
#1 ·
I bought a neo 40 for my 10 year old son, we just brought it into the garage and went over it because we hit 1,000 miles. Looking over the track I counted over 30 spots where it was ripped or a chunk was torn out of a lug. I installed I grip screws for a little bit of added safety for him, and some of the damaged areas were from those I believe but does anyone else have any issues with their tracks?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Bumper Auto part

Automotive tire Tread Tire Rim Synthetic rubber

Hand Automotive tire Tread Wood Gesture

See less See more
#3 ·
Will be interesting to see what other Neo owners say, but with this and other threads on here, I think you nailed it with you title. A lot of the new tracks seem to be just junk. Tracks years ago would last for a long long time. There were some years with issues, but for the most part would last very well.

#4 · (Edited)
That is indeed a VERY poor quality track .

I've racked up 7000 mile of abuse on a 1.35 x136" Cobra on my privious sled (700cc triple yamaha), and in no way does it look deteriorated like the one on your little low hp Neo.

#5 ·
I bought a neo 40 for my 10 year old son, we just brought it into the garage and went over it because we hit 1,000 miles. Looking over the track I counted over 30 spots where it was ripped or a chunk was torn out of a lug. I installed I grip screws for a little bit of added safety for him, and some of the damaged areas were from those I believe but does anyone else have any issues with their tracks? 

I had a cobra track on my srx years ago and it took a lot of abuse. This isn't right. I'm sure they will tell you that u must of ran over something sharp. Crazy

#6 ·
I am up in the air about bringing it to the attention of my dealer, is it under warranty? Or will I be just wasting my breath? Any one know what I can replace it with? I believe it was a 14” x 120. Obliviously don’t want to put the same junk back on it again.

#14 ·
This is what I figured. We have come across a lot of icy trails and some low snow conditions but I’m rite behind him with my xrs renegade and it doesn’t look anything like this. Does any one know if I could install a 15” wide track in this machine? Looking in the tunnel it looks like there’s plenty of clearance on the width of the track.

#16 ·
It looks like with those type of studs, all the flex of each lug is transferred to the smaller area at the base of the stud flexing the lug more than tolerated. Without the studs, the flex would be lessened and more tolerated by the entire length of the lug?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.