Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved home to NY with my sled that was set up to run at 8k feet and higher.......what do i have to do to here at 1200 feet so i dont burn my motor down?! HELP

·
Registered
697 Posts
Nothing,...the DPM will take care of it for you. it is good from sea level to 11,000'. I ride here in MI with my sled at or around 700'-maybee 1500" and took it out to CO and WY last year and didn't have to change a thing. We rode from 8700'-11,000+ with out a problem.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I moved home to NY with my sled that was set up to run at 8k feet and higher.......what do i have to do to here at 1200 feet so i dont burn my motor down?! HELP
I would be getting some bigger jets if I was you. Your going to be very lean. The dpm is nice but I wouldnt rely on it.

·
Mass Confussion
2,988 Posts
480 mains is stock for the 800R sealevel, this is usually a tad on the rich side.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Nothing,...the DPM will take care of it for you. it is good from sea level to 11,000'. I ride here in MI with my sled at or around 700'-maybee 1500" and took it out to CO and WY last year and didn't have to change a thing. We rode from 8700'-11,000+ with out a problem.
I run 480 at sea level or 11k. From 55 degrees to -15 at sea level. Never touched the jets and let the DPM handle it.

·
It's all in reading the parts before you run t
1,694 Posts
Nothing-- DPM does the trick.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Your sleds jetting will be fine however the clutching from the dealer should be set for altitude. There will be gains to get a clutch kit or change to low altitude specs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts