Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was running 380 main jets and the sled was running too lean, so now there are 400 main jets in it, how much power will this make the sled lose, i know that the richer the jet you will lose some power, but will it be noticable going from a 380 to a 400?

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
mike157 said:
i was running 380 main jets and the sled was running too lean, so now there are 400 main jets in it, how much power will this make the sled lose, i know that the richer the jet you will lose some power, but will it be noticable going from a 380 to a 400?
[snapback]706787[/snapback]​
DUUUUDE - you might as well pack er in!

Actually if you're running slightly lean you'll heat soak your motor and LOSE power. Running lean is a DRAG racing trick - short runs only before the motor gets soaked. So actually running richer will give you more power on your normal rides. Having said that I run as lean as I can without causing overheating or light plugs. You can usually get by going one size lower than stock for 4-8,000' and two sizes lower for 8,000' and above (sleds with DPM). If your sled is rich using 400's then try 390's. Do a plug chop at WOT to see for certain - preferrably on a cold day.

Cheers,

G MAN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.