Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well topic says it all. At about 8-900 miles I broke off the rivets on the left side tunnel bracket ended up loosing the bracket but still had all the other pieces. Got a new bracket and rivets from the dealer reinstalled everything. THis week I unload with 1500 miles on the sled and the rightside is broken but all the pieces are still there. Annyone one else having this issue? What are you doing to fix? I was thinking nut and bolt? Stick with 3/16 and grade8 or try and drill the bracket for a 1/4 inch ? ANy suggestions appriceated

·
Registered
409 Posts
mine did the same thing, then my strap got caught in the track and was shreaded. i put new brackets on but instead of 2 rivets i put 3. 1 on each side then one in the middle, looks like a triangle. strong as an ox now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sold rivets I used, AN4265-4 will never move now, will probally tear the back of my tunnel right off before the rivets break.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nuts and bolts. Nylocks or red loctite.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yup, ditch the rivets, they get smashed by ice in the tunnel. I also used the small bolt with a lock nut and even these will spin loose from the crap that hits them. I just keep on them, maybe once a year. At least they don't come out.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
denny said:
Well topic says it all. At about 8-900 miles I broke off the rivets on the left side tunnel bracket ended up loosing the bracket but still had all the other pieces. Got a new bracket and rivets from the dealer reinstalled everything. THis week I unload with 1500 miles on the sled and the rightside is broken but all the pieces are still there. Annyone one else having this issue? What are you doing to fix? I was thinking nut and bolt? Stick with 3/16 and grade8 or try and drill the bracket for a 1/4 inch ? ANy suggestions appriceated
[snapback]685977[/snapback]​
The aluminum rivets in the caddy kit stretch and loosen up. I replaced them with stainless steel rivets and they've stayed nice and tight ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts